Bring Learning to Life with Multimedia
Strengthen your ability to create engaging and informative instructional materials using a diverse array of multimedia content with an online Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development from the George Washington University (GW). Offered entirely online, this certificate gives you comprehensive skills and knowledge of the various media available to you for educational purposes and how to utilize them effectively.
With the Certificate in Multimedia Development, you will gain a hands-on understanding of the theories, principles, techniques, and technology that will help you to integrate reading, audio, video, imagery, interactivity and other multimedia content into your instructional projects.
Multimedia Development Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in Multimedia Development consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
This multimedia certificate provides you with a foundational knowledge of the different content solutions available and prepares you to plan, design, implement, evaluate and manage instructional design using multimedia.
Students who complete the Multimedia Development Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, design, and evaluate multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, technologies, and techniques that can be applied to the development of multimedia materials for instructional purposes.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates their knowledge, skills, and competency in multimedia development.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online multimedia design certificate, we also offer an online Master in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology