- Program Code: 3226
- School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
- Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
- Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Summer
- Location: Online
To ensure that you choose the appropriate technology to participate in courses delivered in online and hybrid mode in Fall 2020, please consult the recommended computer specifications for the ICET academic programs.
Centennial College's Mobile Applications Development program will ensure you'll develop the necessary skills to enter the fast-growing mobile software applications ("apps") development market.
In the graduate certificate program's courses, you'll learn to develop mobile apps for Google Android and Apple iOS devices. In addition to core fundamental courses, the offering will cover advanced topics in mobile app development, web and enterprise technologies, user interface (UI), user experience (UX), emerging technologies, and more.
You'll apply the knowledge you gain in this college technology program to a capstone project during which you'll develop mobile apps for business, gaming, health care, social networks, the Internet of Things, and other areas of interest to which your imagination takes you.
- You learn app development on Google Android and Apple iOS platforms, two of the most popular platforms today.
- The program offers you experience in industry-standard technology.
- Mobile Applications Development courses employ project-based learning (capstone project).
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members with diverse business experience and academic credentials teach the courses.
- The program courses are conveniently offered in the evenings for students concurrently pursuing a career in the software engineering field.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Create meaningful design artifacts using modern software engineering methodologies and project management principles.
- Design, develop, test, and document native mobile applications for different mobile platforms.
- Develop solution architectures to support client mobile applications by applying the principles and best practices of enterprise architecture.
- Develop creative concepts for mobile applications that meet innovation, entrepreneurship, and social enterprise objectives.
- Develop secure mobile applications by implementing the security principles, standards, and best practices of mobile application development.
- Design and develop usable, friendly, fast, and reliable mobile applications by applying the principles and best practices of User Interface design and experience (UI/UX).
- Work independently and as a team member to develop mobile application solutions for a business.
- Use industry-standard testing methodologies to ensure software quality and improve software performance.
- Develop and apply strategies for personal, career, and professional development to enhance work performance and maintain currency with industry and technological changes.
- Comply with relevant laws, industry standards, guidelines, and best practices.
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
Accreditation will be pursued through the Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS).
- Mobile application developer
- Software developer
- Software tester
Areas of Employment
- Software companies
- Public institutions
- Small and medium businesses
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in computer science or computer programming.
- English language proficiency
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More