- Program Code: 2359
- School: The Business School
- Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
- Program Length: 1 year/ 3 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
- Location: Online
Centennial College's International Business Management program will ensure you obtain the key industry knowledge to successfully conduct business on a global scale in any international corporate environment.
This college program will offer a unique global perspective on business, as the field will require you to have knowledge of specialized international business management topics such as:
- International business law
- International finance and banking
- International marketing
- International entrepreneurship and innovation
- Global business research and analysis
- International business planning
- Corporate social responsibility and international development
- Business networking
As you become familiar with these topics in the International Business Management graduate certificate program, you'll also take core business courses such as project management and business communications.
- International Business Management program faculty members have extensive experience in the global business market.
- Extensive use of case studies, simulations, and project-based learning, with a focus on developing project management, report writing, and communication skills will be highlighted.
- Students will have the opportunity to channel their focus and gain a solid foundation in international business practice in a short period of time.
- Upon completion of the International Business Management program, you may be eligible for the Canadian International Freight Forwarding Association (CIFFA) certificate, in accordance with the process prescribed by CIFFA.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Conduct an environmental scan to evaluate the impact of world issues on an organization’s international business opportunities.
- Identify and analyze the components of an environmental scan.
- Conduct, evaluate, and present market research to support an organization’s international business decision-making.
- Manage the preparation of documents and the application of procedures to support the movement of products and services in the organization’s global supply chain.
- Evaluate the impact of statutory and regulatory compliance on an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to negotiate effectively within various cultural environments and to address the impact of cultural differences on an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- Develop and present an international marketing plan, and evaluate sales strategies that support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- identify and interpret relevant international financial documents, and evaluate financial strategies that support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
- Analyze the impact of an organization's integrative trade initiatives on its human resources management strategies, policies, and practices.
- Develop and present an international business plan.
- Analyze the corporate profile of the organization.
- Manage the implementation and evaluation of team projects by applying project management principles.
- Recommend strategies to support principles of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics associated with an organization’s integrative trade initiatives and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Select and apply current technologies to support an organization’s integrative trade initiatives.
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
Global Citizenship and Equity
Centennial College's signature Global Citizenship and Equity office offers many opportunities to work with various advocacy groups on development projects. For more information on Global Citizenship and Equity, the GC&E Portfolio, and the available supports, please visit www.centennialcollege.ca/citizenshipandequity.
Start with a certificate, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this International Business Management program have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify to transfer credits, which are assessed by the partner institution.
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
- Entrepreneur in import/export
- Product broker
- International marketing manager
- Foreign investment analyst
- Logistics/transportation manager
- Corporate social responsibility manager
- Commercial banking officer
- Customs broker
- Trade representative
- Business consultant
Areas of Employment
- International business development
- International development
- International services such as consulting and education
- Small to medium-sized international entrepreneurship and innovation
- Trade and investment
- Global management
- Customs brokerages
- Global logistics/transportation
- Business consulting
- Non-profit and government sectors
- University degree or a three-year college diploma in any discipline from a recognized institution
- We will consider applicants who have a two-year college diploma or partial (minimum 75%) university degree completion and who have a minimum of two years work experience relevant to the program (transcript and resume review required)
Note: This program is not open to graduates of Centennial's three-year International Business diploma program.
- English language proficiency
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More