Transform Teaching in Your Organization
With a Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design from the George Washington University (GW), you'll develop foundational knowledge and skills to design and implement effective instruction.
This online certificate prepares you to lead instructional design from the beginning stages of defining your organization's learning needs to determinΙΝΓ the appropriate instructional format to designing materials and implementing them. You will utilize theories, principles, models, tools, technology, and experience gained through coursework to lead instructional design in diverse organizational settings.
Throughout this completely online certificate program, you will apply course assignments to your current professional activities and engage with other professionals in the development of key instructional design proficiencies. This will enable you to lead all phases of instructional design projects for your organization, including the application of fundamental principles, proficient planning, execution, and ongoing management.
Instructional Design Certificate Curriculum
The online Certificate in Instructional Design consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
Students who complete the Instructional Design Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of learning activities in their workplace.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively lead the design of effective instruction through proficient planning, development, evaluation, and management.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, models, tools, and techniques that can be applied to the systematic design of instruction.
- Demonstrate their capacity to successfully lead all phases of an instructional design project.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, we also offer an online Master in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
About the School
GW's Graduate School of Education and Human Development offers online Graduate Education Master’s programs that prepare leaders like you for research, policy, and practice in the fields of teaching, l ... Read More