Lead the Way in Learning Innovation
Build on your expertise in educational technology with an online Graduate Certificate in E-Learning from the George Washington University (GW). This e-learning certificate provides you with the foundational knowledge and applicable skills needed to design and implement effective instructional systems for a distance learning environment. This certificate is ideal for those who are already involved in distance education or who have the desire to become involved in distance learning.
At GW, we have been innovating continuously in the field of distance learning for more than 25 years. We continue to build on this innovation with our online e-learning certificate program, which will prepare you to apply relevant theories, principles, models, tools, and techniques to lead e-learning initiatives in diverse organizational settings.
E-Learning Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in E-Learning consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
Sample coursework includes: applying educational media and technology, developing multimedia materials, instructional design, critical issues in distance education, learning technologies and organizations and computer interface design for learning.
Upon completing the e-learning certificate with GW, you will:
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate the effective use and implementation of e-learning materials.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively design, develop and implement successful e-learning materials.
- Apply foundational e-learning principles & theories to learning activities in your workplace.
- Demonstrate the capacity to successfully design, develop and implement e-learning materials.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in E-Learning, we also offer a Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology