- Program Code: 3664
- School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
- Credential: Ontario College Graduate Certificate
- Program Type: Graduate Certificate program
- Program Length: 1 year/ 2 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Summer
- Location: Online
To ensure that you choose the appropriate technology to participate in courses delivered in online and hybrid mode in Fall 2020, please consult the recommended computer specifications for the ICET academic programs.
Centennial College's Cybersecurity program is a one-year graduate certificate offering designed to address the industry's increasing demand for well-educated security professionals in the public and private sectors.
This School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science program will educate you on how to protect computers, applications, and networks from unauthorized and malicious users or software. It will cover the key cybersecurity concepts of cryptography, cyber forensics, and network security in addition to topics such as mobile network security, cloud security, and ethical hacking techniques and tools. This Cybersecurity program will also address supporting concepts of information system security that are integral parts of cybersecurity.
To enhance your applied learning experience, you'll learn current IT security tools, policies, and techniques that were established in collaboration with the College's industry partners.
- After graduating from our Cybersecurity program, students with a bachelor's degree have the opportunity to join a Master's degree program in Cybersecurity and IT Security offered at the university level.
- The program courses are conveniently offered in the evenings for students concurrently pursuing a career in the IT field.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Evaluate and recommend innovative cybersecurity strategies that provide secure solutions for organizational processes and applications.
- Optimize the effectiveness of information security in a business environment through risk mitigation, and auditing of information systems.
- Design and implement vulnerability assessment procedures to find and solve existing security issues in a network through monitoring and analyzing different attackers’ tactics, strategies, and techniques.
- Design and implement cybersecurity solutions and protocols in compliance with current security policies, ethical standards, and industry regulations.
- Implement and evaluate security policies and strategies by collaborating in cybersecurity projects as a multidisciplinary team member/leader to deliver effective security solutions to the clients.
- Communicate security protocols, policies, and audit results and related documentation to any level of the organization.
- Resolve security issues of the communication networks using a top-down approach through analyzing overall networks and their interconnected components.
- Develop and apply strategies for personal, career, and entrepreneurial growth to enhance work performance and maintain currency with the industry.
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
Companies Offering Jobs
Cybersecurity graduates are in demand across a number of sectors and organizations including financial services, insurance companies, healthcare, retailers, and governments.
- Cybersecurity Consultant
- Network Security Specialist
- Operations and Security Management
- Incident and Threat Manager
- Systems Architect
- Risk Analyst
- Risk Manager
- Forensic Analyst
- Education and Training manager
- Advanced College diploma or Bachelors degree in computer science, Computer/Electronics/Communication Engineering, IT or related discipline OR Diploma with relevant work experience
- English language proficiency
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More