Graduate Certificate in Business Law online
- Develop your legal acumen in relation to business.
- Earn a postgraduate business law qualification in 8 months.
- Practical, real-world skills, applicable to your work immediately.
- 100% online, no on-campus commitments.
- Duration: From 8 months, part-time
- Study periods: January, March, April, July, August, October
- Fees: $2930 per unit
- Units: 4
Confidently assess legal risk with Graduate Certificate in Business Law
In an increasingly disrupted world, there is a growing need for people who can help businesses navigate their way through obligations, opportunities and consequences.
The online Graduate Certificate in Business Law with Southern Cross University is a great first step for a business professional to start bridging their knowledge gap between business and law. The course will provide students with a thorough introduction to the legal institutions and processes which influence the ongoing development of Australian law, their history, context and contemporary relevance, and equips students with the skills necessary to find, interpret, critique and apply the law in relation to business.
This qualification is the foundational knowledge you need before embarking onto the Master of Business Law, placing you in the best possible position to help mitigate organisational risk.
- Rigorous learning outcomes and industry-led content from traditional and emerging business law fields.
- Access to learning edge learning environment, offering engaging self-directed study.
- Accessible online education; one of the only 100% online postgraduate qualifications in business law in Australia.
- Ongoing support throughout your study journey from a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Business Law online, you must have:
- A Bachelor degree in any discipline, or equivalent*.
In any case, you must be proficient in English.
*A candidate may possess an equivalent degree from an overseas University (international degree equivalence is assessed by Southern Cross University, in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training). Significant and prolonged (over ten years) work experience can be considered as equivalent for the purpose of admission into the Graduate Certificate in Business Law.
What you will study
Students will need to complete:
- Legal Institutions and Processes (core unit)
Then take three electives from the following list*:
- Advanced Intellectual Property Law
- Advanced Property Law
- Competition Law
- Consumer Law
- Global Business Law
- Litigation and Corporations
- Tax Law
- The Law of Corporate Governance
- Advanced Legal Research
Note: Students without an equivalent Bachelor of Laws degree complete a core unit in Legal Institutions and Processes and three electives.
*The elective units running will depend on what intake you begin your studies.
Flexible pathway options
Completing the Graduate Certificate in Business Law is a pathway to a Master of Business Law. Once you have completed the required units for the Graduate Certificate, why not consider continuing to study four more subjects to complete the masters.