Get an introduction to agile product development and design thinking so you can build better digital products.
Discover how to create useful digital products using agile and design thinking
Despite everyone’s good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many projects end up creating unneeded, unusable, and unsellable products. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different and effective approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems.
In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what’s valuable to a user early in the process, to frontload value, by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective.
What topics will you cover?
- Overview of agile
- Introduction to key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology
- Actionable personas and problem scenarios
- User research
- Writing user stories
- Strategies to enhance user stories
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 September 2020
- 21 December 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explain key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology.
- Diagnose what software to develop and why by using a set of agile user stories and prototypes.
- Allow for early testing and validation by analyzing and deciding on story backlogs.
- Create a strong shared perspective and drive to value using personas and problem scenarios.
- Facilitate narrative collaboration with user stories and prototypes.
Who is the course for?
This course is for people interested in developing digital products, who are using agile methods and have some experience working in the digital space.
For people interested in receiving professional development units (PDUs), as a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 PDUs for this course.
Who will you learn with?
I've been an entrepreneur (5x) and intrapreneur (1x). Currently teaching @DardenMBA and coaching product teams. Keynote speaker in all my inner monologues.
Who developed the course?
Darden School of Business, University of Virginia
The University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global-minded and responsible leaders.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.