Our certificate course Business Management in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH) enables you in just three semesters an excellent education Continuing education at university level. You can specialize in branch-specific elective modules in your desired field of specialization and become a specialist in the field of hotel management, event management or tourism management.
With us you study in only 3 semesters, supported by vodcasts, video lectures, tutors and printed as well as digital further education scripts - no matter where you are at the moment.
Facts about Further Education Business Administration in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH)
- Degree : Business Administration in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH)
- Continuing education duration : alternatively 3, 4 or 6 semesters
- Continuing Education Model : Online Study
- Language of instruction : German
- Probationary period : 4 weeks
- Extension : free of charge
- Admission Requirements : Without ECTS credits: Without ECTS credits: min. 2-year vocational training or 3 years of professional experience; With receipt of ECTS points: (Fach-) Abitur or completed master examination or min. 2-year training with 3 years of professional experience
- Accreditation : ZFU (No. 286117)
- Start of training : at any time
- Certification : Certificate
With the IUBH you have the opportunity to receive your bachelor's degree in distance learning Bachelor of Arts hotel management, Bachelor of Arts event management or Bachelor of Arts tourism management in two stages (see Fig. right) to achieve.
Step by step you will be prepared for the final goal - the Bachelor certificate. The individual stages of our program you reach automatically after the successful completion of certain modules of the curriculum. Benefits and already paid tuition fees will be fully credited in the next stage. You can prove your further education success with the certificate business economist in the hotel- / event- / tourism management (IUBH) and afterwards with your bachelor document at any time with your current or future employer, which brings you additional plus points.
Future perspectives for prospective business economists in hotel / event / tourism management
The apprenticeship as a Business Economist in the Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management at the IUBH offers you the chance to further your education alongside your profession.
With this additional qualification, you acquire not only business know-how, but also a broad base of knowledge in the field of tourism industry. As the world tourism organization UNWTO expects the tourism industry to continue to grow strongly, there is a great need for junior executives on an international level.
The career prospects in the tourism sector are therefore very good. Employers are often very open to further education and appreciate the self-commitment to acquire knowledge while working.
The benefits of our training
- Our business economist in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH): completely in german language
- In-service training: Career boost next to the job
- Start possible at any time: We completely waive fixed deadlines
- Distance Learning 2.0: Online campus with digital learning material, self-tests, online tutorials, learning wikis and more
- Low costs: Business economist in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH) already for 179, - Euro per month
- The test is done: exam dates every month for all courses and at all study centers, also worldwide
- Learning from the best: Our faculty combines academic knowledge with extensive practical experience
- Top quality: Our quality awards and rankings
- Maximum flexibility: study when and where you want
Contents of further education Business Administration in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH)
Tourism is one of the world's largest employers and a steadily growing industry. With an optimal mix of business fundamentals and relevant industry knowledge, we prepare you specifically for the assumption of activities with management responsibility in this further education.
Our further education is modular, ie you study on the basis of subject areas, which are divided into so-called "modules". Within these modules there is an introductory course and a specialization course, which will prepare you systematically for the completion of this module. Within the modules, if you have chosen the option to receive ECTS credits, you will receive credits for each successful completion, which will document your achievements.
- Business Administration
- Compulsory elective modules (A1 Entrepreneurial Hotel Management, A2 Event Management, A3 Tourism Management) *
- Economy and market
- computer training
- Financial Accounting
- Management accounting
- Compulsory elective modules (B1 Food and Beverage Management, B2 Business Events, B3 Destination Management) *
- human Resources
- commercial law
- Financing and investment
- Intercultural Management
- Compulsory elective modules (C1 Rooms Division Management, C2 Planning and Development of Events, C3 Tourism Marketing) *
- Elective modules specializations
* When registering online, you choose your desired specialization: hotel management (A1, B1, C1) OR event management (A2, B2, C2) OR tourism management (A3, B3, C3).
In this training, a total of 90 credit points (ECTS) will be awarded.
Optionally, the further education model without ECTS credits can be completed.
The university entrance qualification for a (subsequent) study is not automatically given after successful completion!
Admission Requirements for Further Education
A minimum of 2 years of professional training or at least 3 years of professional experience is required for admission to the further education model without the receipt of ECTS credits.
Enrollment in the program with the receipt of ECTS credits requires one of the following university entrance credentials:
Studying with (specialized) Abitur
As an applicant with a general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or Fachhochschulreife (Fach-Abitur), you can immediately enter the IUBH business administration (IUBH) without an entrance examination.
Studying without Abitur
Even without (technical) high school is an entry possible if you bring the following experience:
- An at least two years of vocational training and
- at least three years of professional experience.
Also a master's certificate or a career advancement (z. B. as IHK Fachwirt / in) entitle the holder to study start.
Costs Business Economist in Hotel- / Event- / Tourism Management (IUBH)
The fees for our further education in hotel / event / tourism management (IUBH) amount depending on the desired time model:
- 18 months: 329 euros per month 6,421 euros
- 24 months: 259 euros per month 6,715 euros
- 36 months: 179 euros per month 6,943 euros
Program taught in: