This course will cover the basics of global maritime shipping with a particular focus on containerization and liner shipping. All our courses are online course This course is aimed at a person wishing to enter the Maritime Shipping Industry in an administration role, a new recruit starting in the industry, a receptionist or assistant in the shipping industry or someone who wishes to complement their existing knowledge base.
This is a stand-alone certificate course.
Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate
- International Maritime Trade
- Vessel and Cargo Types
- The Container Export and Import Transactions
- Types of Shipping Services
- The Key Role Players in Maritime Shipping
- Overview of Maritime Shipping Documents
- Shipping Terminology - Glossary of Industry Terms
- English language, all courses are written in English as this is the primary language of global business.
- Computer, internet connection, and printer (should you wish to print the course).
- A valid e-mail address.
- Time set aside to study as per the course requirements
2 weeks part-time or 4 days full time.
Part-time studies - where you study part-time in the evenings and on weekends using our online training program.
Full-time studies - when you take time off work to study full time using our online training program
Recommended study time set aside – we recommend 5 to 7 hours per week for each module/pilot certificate ie the part-time 2-week pilot certificate course will need 10 to 15 hours. The time will vary depending on the students' original knowledge of the course material. A soft copy of your full course module in a PDF format will be available on the e-campus for you to download. You will then be able to print a hard copy for study purposes if you choose. Pass mark = 65%
- Personal e-Tutor - You will be nominated a personal e-Tutor, all communication with your e-Tutor will be done via email. You may contact your e-Tutor at any time regarding your course.
Passing your course
On passing your course you will receive an e-certificate via email.
With the successful completion of this course you will be able to :
- Secure a position in the Shipping industry
- Be eligible for advancement within your company
- Be confident that you are professionally trained and equipped for the Shipping industry
The course content provided which I printed out was very easy to understand and really helpful. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Stella Ko - Singapore
I'm very pleased with what I gained from the Maritime Shipping Foundation course as it has made me know more about the shipping industry. I will be furthering my studies with ShippingCollege, the courses are more practically oriented. I found the shipping terminology more effective as I now know the terms used in the shipping industry. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Lucres Kaptue - Cameroon
Good materials to summarize the practices we do everyday very systemically and theoretically. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Ivy Yang - Singapore
I completed the Maritime Shipping Foundation course with ShippingCollege. I strongly recommend ShippingCollege as it's a good way to learn in a professional context. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Reda Et Hattab - France
The Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate course was very much explanatory, one can easily relate to the course material. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Amit Malhotra - Singapore
My e-tutor was very good at responding to emails in a timely manner and flexible regarding changing exam times etc. The course was well laid out and relative to what I needed to learn. Maritime Shipping Foundation Certificate - Sarah Green - Singapore
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About the School
Shipping College is a global college with offices in London. We offer Global Qualifications for Global Positions. Join the exciting world of shipping, freight forwarding, logistics and multinational t ... Read More