Originality, creativity, and rapidity! These are the keywords in fashion illustration, a way of communication that adopts an immediate, highly expressive, and efficient language. The digital illustration enables us to make a realistic, simple, and fast representation that can be used in the creative and productive shoe process.
The course’s main goal is to develop skills in drawing vectorial models of footwear using professional software such as Illustrator and Photoshop, realizing sketches, drawings, and compositions in a natural, intuitive manner, discovering the main illustration techniques.
Particularly, starting from a realistic model, the digital illustration permits to obtain a vectorial drawing, using techniques and working on shapes, textures, and proportions. Setting the work in function of one’s own style and of the product we want to obtain.
- Timetable: Twice a week
- Level: Basic – intermediate
- Degree awarded: Attendance certificate, with the accreditation of acquired skills (possibility of earning 1 university credit)
This course starts from the basics, preparatory for those who have the inspiration and creativity, but not the technique, as well as for those that are able in freehand drawing and are looking for a suitable and efficient solution to express their creativity improving their own skills.
No drawing skills are required.
- Footwear design with easily modifiable sketches
- Different patterns
- Drawing footwear from different angles
- Shading base techniques
- Rendering volumes and materials
- Drawing details
- Vector technical design with different digital rendering techniques to represent footwear in a technical, precise, and even illustrative way
Tools and material provided to students
Live sessions with Fashion professionals, multimedia educational material, lesson recordings, practical exercises, live chat with students, personalized counseling.
Material and tools needed
- Computer with an updated, operational system
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software
- Digital tablet (optional)
- Chrome web-browser (Firefox, Safari)
- Microphone (external microphone or headphones with a microphone)› Headphones or headset
- Internet connection (ADSL / 4g / Optical fibre) – [min. band recommended 3 Mb/s]
About the School
Istituto Modartech is a higher academic training center in the Fashion and Communication fields authorized by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research – MIUR to issue academic degree ... Read More