ExecutiveMPA@Syracuse is the online Executive Master of Public Administration from Syracuse University's Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, the #1 ranked school in the nation for graduate education in public affairs. The curriculum prepares experienced mid-career professionals to advance within government, nonprofit, and for-profit organizations, both nationally and internationally. Led by acclaimed Maxwell faculty, courses focus on three areas of mastery: formulating, implementing, and evaluating policy; leading and managing organizations with diverse stakeholders; applying rigorous and evidence-based analysis to inform decision making.
ExecutiveMPA@Syracuse is the premier online Executive MPA program in the nation from the Maxwell School, home to the nation’s #1 ranked school for graduate education in public affairs by U.S. News & World Report and also the first school to offer a graduate degree in public administration in the United States. Classes are designed and taught by Maxwell School’s highly acclaimed faculty. Which includes seven Guggenheim Fellows, five American Council of Learned Societies Fellows, 15 Fulbright Research Fellows, 11 National Endowment for the Humanities Fellows, one MacArthur Fellow, and one World Food Prize Laureate. Maxwell faculty are dedicated to excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching. The curriculum mirrors that of Maxwell’s on-campus Executive MPA program and offers leadership, management, and analytical skills applicable to the public sector and to an array of domestic and international mission-based organizations serving the public good.
- The program consists of 30 credits and can be completed entirely online in 18 months.
- The Executive MPA curriculum will consist of a mixture of coursework in organizational leadership, general policy analysis, and subject area specialization.
- Students will participate in a collection of the program of study frameworks, including Environmental Policy & Administration, International Development & Administration, International & National Security Policy, Public & Nonprofit Management, Social Policy, State & Local Government Financial Analysis & Management, Technology & Information Management.
Through the Online Campus, students can:
- Attend live, face-to-face classes, which are kept small so students and professors can explore concepts in an intimate environment.
- Access coursework, including case studies, recorded lectures, and instructional videos.
- Connect with classmates for study sessions and professors for one-on-one office hours.
- Track assignments and class schedules through tools developed to support success in the program.
- Contact technical support at any time for questions or difficulties accessing classes or assignments.
- Download the mobile app that allows access to the coursework when students are on the go.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2017