The Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation (EM-LSI) is our first Executive Master’s programme designed to meet the demands of busy managers without compromising the fundamentals of high quality and activity-based learning.
This programme is tailored for aspiring leaders from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors across the Asia Pacific. The programme fuses practical, real-world industry-driven demands with strong theoretical fundamentals. It integrates the thematic areas of leadership, strategy and innovation with core disciplines of leadership and management, so you learn how to assimilate vast amounts of management and business data, turn that data into coherent strategies and decision making; apply your analysis effectively, work productively with your peers in leadership positions, improve your ability to work autonomously, flexibly and creatively; and identify challenges and resolve problems as an innovative leader.
This postgraduate Degree is designed for professionals looking to move into higher levels of management in their particular field. It consists of 11 units and may be completed in 12 months. Module exemptions are possible for candidates who hold relevant postgraduate qualifications.
- Ranked in the World’s Top 100 Universities under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University 2017 – Top 200 global universities under 50 years old)
- Ranked in the Top 100 Best Universities in the Asia-Pacific region (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017)
- Ranked in the World’s Top 100 Most International Universities (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016 – Top 200 Most International Universities)
- MBS601 Leadership Dynamics – From Follower to Leader
- MBS602 Developing High Performance Work Systems
- MBS604 Manager as a Performance Coach
- MBS607 Managing Uncertainty through Scenario Planning
- MBS608 Leading from Strategy to Operations
- MBS609 Rethinking Strategic Value of Markets and Consumers
- MBS613 Managing a Global Business
- MBS628 Creating Value for Organisations
- MBS637 Stakeholder Governance in a Business Society Ecosystem
- MBS638 International Immersion
- MBS639 Capstone Consultancy Project
Sample of the technology-enabled:
Executive Masters in Leadership Strategy and Innovation - Online Platform from Orange Owl Learning Lab on Vimeo.
The Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation (E-Learning) programme accepts the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (in any field) and a minimum of three years supervisory/managerial experience.
- A Diploma with minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience, with a minimum of three years supervisory/managerial experience will be considered on case-by-case-basis.
- Advanced standing for some modules will be at the discretion of Murdoch University and will be evaluated on case-by-case basis.
- Applicants are required to meet Murdoch University’s English language requirements.
- In all cases, the final decision for admission to the programme rests with Murdoch University.
Applicants are required to complete the application by providing:
- Duly completed and signed application form
- List of qualifications, certificates and proof of official transcript from each institution attended (Certified copy of the official transcript is acceptable)
- Photocopy of passport or identification card
- To provide a CV/Resume include your supervisory experience with two referees (For Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation programme only)
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- Programme application fee
Please note that the application is not complete without all the items stated above. As the programme involves regular use of internet, email and other online resources, students must possess a personal computer and have an internet connection to access materials electronically from the university and to participate in appropriate pedagogic interaction.
Activity-based Online Approach – Leadership Strategy and Innovation – 11 units over 12 months
One module per month incorporating 24 hours of online learning and collaboration.
- Lectures and readings
- Case Study Discussions and debates
- Course notes and knowledge transfer sessions
- Quizzes and assessments
- Video journals and podcasts
- Online collaboration sessions
Graduate and Degree
Students who successfully complete and pass the modules stipulated in the programme structure will be awarded the Executive Master in Leadership, Strategy and Innovation from Murdoch University.
The Degree awards is the same as that awarded to the on-campus graduates.
Program taught in: