The changes that the world has recently gone through mean that we have to carry out an in-depth analysis of the new competitive stage and the application of new business models. The increasing and complex volatility of economies around the world and their undeniable interdependence places us in a context that is marked by uncertainty and ambiguity.
Against this backdrop, professionals must respond quickly to change and make the decisions that are most suited to the new needs of the business, without neglecting value creation for the company’s stakeholders.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) in Spanish from OBS Business School has an impact on the strategic, innovative and international vision of Business Management, in that any head of a business organisation, or of a department thereof, should have a holistic vision of the business and the understanding that all strategic decisions should be brought in line with the strategy of the business in an innovative way.
The programme focuses on developing the necessary skills for leading a business project, taking responsibility for a department of a business or starting up a business of one’s own.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) in Spanish has been specifically designed for people with extensive professional experience who wish to expand their knowledge in fields that may be of interest due to their current responsibilities. Most importantly, it is for professionals hoping to achieve promotions by adding greater value to their CVs or who are thinking about changing fields.
Lastly, we wish to highlight the Final Project, which gives students the opportunity to take on the development of a Business Plan, along with all the complex details that are associated with launching a business idea. This module is not just focused on creating a business, it also allows students to open their minds to new action plans that they could develop in their current positions.
Some of the career opportunities that may be of interest to you, among others, are:
- Health Sector
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Manufacturing Industry
- Communications and advertising businesses
- Regulatory bodies
- Technology sector
- Private Banking
- Service sector
- Consultancy firms
- Infrastructure management
- Multilateral institutions
Aims of the Executive MBA
- Attaining the ability to continually develop the most relevant management competencies.
- Providing an integrated global overview of general management and the role of the business in the broadest sense. Becoming aware of the global nature of business activity, differentiating between the different responsibilities assigned to the different departments in a company.
- Providing the students with a broad perspective on businesses, the understanding of this complex system and ever-changing reality.
- Promoting a proactive attitude and active management.
- Acquiring key knowledge and developing essential abilities for the strategic leadership of business activity.
- Drawing up innovation strategies and policies that improve business management and efficiency.
- Drawing up and implementing growth strategies, adapting to changes in the international business sphere.
- Promoting teamwork and involving all the departments of a business with the management of business projects.
- Providing students with solid business training, highlighting the latest trends and newest aspects of business management.
- Incentivizing the development and improvement of personal and executive skills.
- Improving skills among executives for decision-making against a backdrop that is becoming ever more complex and unstable.
- Promoting skills for detecting, analysing and solving problems and also the entrepreneurial spirit through drawing up a Business Plan.
Requirements of the Executive MBA
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are suited to the course. All students must be able to take full advantage of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
The stages of the admissions process are as follows:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Executive MBA Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree over four years or Bachelor’s Degree over three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed all the evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
About the School
At OBS we look to fill the need for continuous quality training without physical barriers, which allows our students to balance their personal lives with the professional development that the contempo ... Read More