Executive MBA (EMBA)
The transformations that the world has undergone today require an in-depth analysis of the new competitive scenarios and the application of new business models. The growing and complex volatility of global economies and their unquestionable interdependence place us in an environment characterized by uncertainty and ambiguity.
In this context, professionals must react quickly to changes and make decisions adapted to the new needs of the company, without parking the creation of value for the company's stakeholders.
The Executive MBA (EMBA) of OBS Business School influences the strategic, international and innovative vision of the Business Administration, while any person in charge of a business organization, or an area of the same, must have a holistic vision of the company , understand that any strategic decision must align with the company's strategy and do it in an innovative way.
The Master in business management is focused on the development of the skills necessary to lead a business project, take responsibility for an area of the company or start your own business.
The Executive MBA , a program in business administration, is specially designed for those professionals who have extensive professional experience and wish to expand their knowledge in areas complementary to their current responsibility. In short, professionals who are looking for a promotion adding more value to their curriculum or who are thinking about a professional change.
We want to highlight, finally, the commitment to the Final Project subject of this program in business management, which gives participants the opportunity to face the development of a Business Plan, with all the complexity associated with the launch of a business idea. This subject is not exclusively focused on the creation of a company of its own but allows the participant to have an open mind towards new ideas of action that can be developed in their current job.
- Health sector
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Communication and advertising companies
- Multinational companies
- Regulatory bodies and Private Banking
- Technology Sector
- Service sector
- Consulting Companies
- Infrastructure Management
- Small and medium businesses
- Multilateral institutions
- Non-governmental organizations
- Provide a capacity for continued development of the most relevant managerial skills.
- Facilitate an integrated and global vision of the general management and the role of the company in its wider environment. Know the globality of the business activity, differentiating the responsibilities that each area of the company develops.
- To provide participants with a broad perspective of the company, a conception of a complex system in a reality of constant change.
- Promote an attitude of initiative and active management.
- Acquire the key knowledge and develop the essential skills to strategically direct the business activity.
- Design innovation strategies and policies that improve business management and business efficiency.
- Formulate and implement growth strategies, adapting to changes in the international business environment.
- Promote teamwork and involve all departments of a company in the management of business projects.
- Provide participants with a solid business training, highlighting the latest trends and developments in business management.
- Encourage the development and improvement of personal and managerial skills.
- Increase the ability of managers to make decisions in an increasingly complex and unstable environment.
- Promote the ability to detect, analyze and solve problems, and the entrepreneurial spirit through the elaboration of the Business Plan.
The structure and duration of the Executive MBA allows us to ensure the achievement of the objectives. The complexity of the management of a company requires a broad development of the different functional areas of a company, along with the development of managerial skills and a strategic vision of the company.
Each of the areas distributes the contents with the following structure:
|Strategic Area||27% of global content|
|Financial Area||20% of global content|
|Marketing and Commercial Area||20% of global content|
|Personal Resources Area||17% of global content|
|Systems and Operations Area||16% of global content|
The Program is divided into four phases in which the different knowledge and skills of the Areas of a Company are worked on. The stages coincide with the strategic business formulation process: the design of the strategy, its implementation, the growth strategies, and the strategic monitoring and control.
With this program, the participant will go through the different Areas of the Company, knowing the responsibilities of each department, the key concepts necessary to direct them, without neglecting the global business vision.
So through the Executive MBA, in a period of one year, the student will acquire the managerial skills and obtain the most current, practical and innovative business knowledge to lead an area or company.
Once the participant has passed through all areas of the company, the circle will be closed with the completion of the Final Project, which begins after the first third of the program has been achieved, runs parallel to the progress of the program and defends a month after the end of the last subject, in order to have a final stage of greater dedication to it. This Final Project will allow connecting and applying all the knowledge learned to a given situation (company, department, division, international activity or development of a new business project).
- Analytical Foundations: Global economic environment; Organizational design; Financial diagnosis; Marketing: from the idea to the Market.
- Strategic Conception: Strategic management and innovation; Corporate financial management; Globalization and Global Marketing Strategies; People management and talent management; Operations
- Management: Digital Transformation Strategies; Data analysis for decision making; Cross-cultural management; Planning and Control Management; Commercial management and sales management; Investment valuation and portfolio management; Money and capital markets.
- Management Skills Development: Leadership and change management; Negotiation and conflict management; Entrepreneurship.
- Final Project of the Master
Executive MBA Requirements
The fundamental objective of our admission process is to ensure the suitability of the candidates. All participants should get the most out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
These are the stages of the admission process:
- Prerequisites for admission
- Admission request
- Personal interview
- Motivation letter
- Admissions Committee Evaluation
Executive MBA degree
People who pass the evaluation of the program and meet the academic requirements established by the UB, will obtain their own degree from the UB (University of Barcelona).
In order to obtain the UB's own degree it is necessary to have a University Degree Degree (Engineering, Bachelor's Degree or Diploma). In case of not having a University Degree, once the different evaluations have been passed, a university extension diploma from the UB will be obtained.
About the School
OBS Business School nace en 2006 como la primera escuela de negocios 100% online en lengua española. Se funda en el entorno del Grupo Planeta, líder mundial en la publicación de contenidos para el mer ... Read More