Take charge of your career development and identify the skills you need to plan and achieve your career goals.
This course is part of the Thriving in the Digital Workplace program, which will enable you to get ahead of changes in technology and the digital workplace.
Learn the professional career development tools to get your career on track
Most people want to achieve career success, but how can you make it a reality?
On this course, you’ll get the tools to take your career to the next level.
Using planning tools, you’ll establish goals for your career and how to achieve them.
You’ll learn how to navigate the process of applying for jobs and interviews, and consider the importance of transferable skills and creating the right professional networks.
You’ll also hear from like-minded individuals who propelled their careers forward using similar career development plans.
What topics will you cover?
- Careers in the modern professional landscape.
- How to use vision boards to identify your own career roadmap.
- Exploring goal setting and understanding value propositions.
- Goal setting.
- Building a professional network.
- Building relationships.
- Dealing with change and always being ready to learn.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 September 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify different approaches to growing your career.
- Explore a roadmap, vision board for your career path.
- Explain your career vision clearly.
- Identify key individuals, organisations and platforms for your network.
- Develop communications to engage key leads.
- Evaluate the impact of your strategy and iterate accordingly.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Hi! I'm a Lead Educator for a few of the Future Learn courses. I'm a communications specialist and filmmaker. I'm also a certified integrative health coach and yoga teacher.
Who developed this course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course.
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes.
- Tests to validate your learning.
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible.
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.