JBS16741_VP_SPRING CLASSES 2018_revised from Caio Almeida on Vimeo.
JBS offers entrepreneurial training from a Christian worldview; we teach how to do business God’s way. Our Business and Entrepreneurship Program includes hands-on curriculum to enable students to gain the skills and mindset to operate their own businesses and become business leaders.
- Immersion – a nine-month comprehensive course that teaches business concepts and how to quickly apply them to an entrepreneurial endeavor.
- Support – access to SBDC center on-site to provide focused business advice; one-on-one mentoring with JBS Advisors.
Our curriculum integrates both practical business and biblical principles to equip students to build a comprehensive business plan and launch their business while attending classes. We award a certificate of completion at the end of the program. Our curriculum is designed to cultivate a spiritual mindset for stewardship, profitability, and thinking big. We provide comprehensive knowledge of business subjects needed to assess feasibility, start, grow and sustain your business. Student feedback and industry demands drive the innovation of our curriculum.
Our approach of combining prayer, biblical values, and business concepts ensures that students are equipped to start and run their businesses using kingdom precepts to drive growth and profitability. One of the unique aspects of the school is to provide ongoing support to each individual student by assigning an advisor to help guide them through the program towards successful completion.
Each class differs depending on the method of instruction but the intensity is constant, meaning that you will need to bring 110% effort to keep pace with the demands of the program. Our online program is asynchronous but students are expected to log in to the online environment at least 1 day per week. You can choose the day of the week and time you want to log on to the internet to work on an assignment but you must complete your assignments and submit them according to the term schedule. Our learning experience is student-centered, hands-on and encompasses the following:
- Business skills training – deep dive into learning modules on business strategy, financial statements, marketing, accounting, legal formation etc. The classes include demonstrations and actual practice employing the concepts culminating with writing your business plan and feedback to make course corrections.
- Presentation training – students receive instruction on making effective business presentations and are filmed to document their progress of applying new skills and incorporating feedback.
- Soft skills training – ongoing conversations about networking and relationship development climax with a business etiquette class where students are served a formal lunch and are taught professional protocols by an etiquette expert.
- Field Trips – provide students with an opportunity to see the application of their instruction in a real-world setting and gain valuable insights from the entrepreneur, validating that you can run a business God’s way and be profitable.
- Business Expo – provides students who launch their businesses while in class with an opportunity to sell their goods/services, obtain valuable consumer feedback and network with other business owners.
You can access your courses at any time, allowing you to study and complete your assignments around your schedule. In addition, the geographical diversity of the online student body offers diverse perspectives that enrich your learning experience. You will have scheduled sessions with your instructors/advisors called Collaborates which are live meetings that take place via a meeting website called WebEx. This is the time for instructors to go over all upcoming assignments as well as answer any questions that students may have. You will have advanced notice of all scheduled meetings.
There are several ways to interact with your peers including the traditional email. In addition, as a part of your curriculum, you will communicate with your peers on a regular basis through Dialogues, which are assigned questions that are derived from the curriculum and get the student engaged with the curriculum and get the student interacting with one another.
Once students are accepted into the program, they are expected to complete the designated program and may not attend classes interchangeably.
All students must have completed 12th-grade high school or its equivalency. Whether you are starting a business or currently operating one, we will provide you with the fundamental business principles needed to launch, grow or sustain a profitable business. We encourage students who lack beginner computer skills or just need a refresher course to take full advantage of our computer course prior to beginning the program so they will be adequately prepared when called upon to use the skills.
The following technology is needed to access our Online Program:
- Internet access.
- Email address.
- Desktop/laptop or tablet.
- Microsoft® Office XP Professional or higher (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) may be needed for course assignments.
- Mac Users will require Microsoft® Office Suite for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- The latest version of programs such as Adobe Flash, Acrobat Reader, Java, etc.
- Sound capability.
- Supported internet browsers.
You will be given a login to Desire 2 Learn (D2L) once you are accepted into the program. Using your login credentials, you can access all your courses, announcements, and scheduled meetings with your instructors.
You can communicate with your instructors via phone or email. You will also have scheduled, live class time with your instructors through a live online meeting space which includes video conferencing.
Upon acceptance into the program, students are given a login to LiveText, an online website that allows you to turn in your assignments in all media forms. All assessments (exams) are completed on the learning platform, Desire2Learn (D2L).
Admission to our Business & Entrepreneurship Online Program is an easy no pressure process. Applicants who are at least 18 years old and have a High School Diploma or GED are welcomed to start the applications process by:
- Completing an application,
- Submitting letter of recommendation,
- Paying a $25 application fee,
- Submit Student Readiness Assessment.
We may also require an interview as a requirement for admission; however, entrance exams are not a requirement of admission. The application may be obtained and submitted on our website at www.jbs.edu. Completed applications can be submitted at any time.
The Admission Team will review all completed admissions packages (completed application along with all requirements, i.e. fee, essays, transcript, etc.) and notify applicants within 6 weeks of submission. Acceptance in our Campus Program is communicated via email and standard written mail; while acceptance in our Online Program is communicated through email only.
The Joseph Business School is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). ACCET is listed by the U. S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency. We are certified by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education and offer a certificate of completion.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018