About Brunel University London
Brunel University London takes its name from one of Britain’s most influential engineers, Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Our alumni continue to follow in his footsteps in the field of civil engineering, as well as working across manufacturing, service, and government sectors globally. Brunel’s 'International Outlook' is recognised as amongst the best in the world, ranked 34th in the 2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and we are dedicated to helping you develop the academic and personal skills needed for success in the real world.
Engineering Management MSc online
Develop advanced-level management skills to further your engineering career. This online master’s programme is designed to give practising engineers the managerial skills needed to lead engineering projects to success. Blending academic theory with practical application, the course will provide you with advanced knowledge in finance, operations, systems thinking, and supply chain design and management within the global engineering environment.
Our commitment to high-quality engineering education is reflected in our name. Our special approach is to combine academic rigour with the practical, entrepreneurial, and imaginative approach pioneered by one of the great British engineers of the 19th century, Isambard Kingdom Brunel.
Studying online gives you the opportunity to earn an internationally-recognised UK master’s degree without leaving your home. You are not obliged to attend campus lectures, meaning you can watch them on the online platform at times that work for you. During the course of your studies, you’ll have access to:
- Engaging study materials: Your resources will include video lectures, case studies, class forums and podcasts.
- Support and guidance: Your dedicated programme tutor will guide your academic development from day one.
- Your virtual campus: Study from any location and build connections with like-minded professionals worldwide.
- Open Library: Online students will have full access to Brunel’s expansive digital library for books, articles, and electronic resources.
By studying your degree online, you’ll join a network of students and professionals around the world, learning and connecting to enrich their lives, and taking the next positive steps towards rewarding careers.
Students will also have access to Brunel’s Professional Development Center (PDC). The Professional Development Centre boosts student’s employability by helping them develop the skills and experience needed to stand out in the international job market and prepare for an impactful career.
Recently voted by students as the 5th best Careers Service in the country, Brunel’s Professional Development Centre has garnered respect for its experienced staff and exceptional career support. Brunel’s PDC team guides students through the stages of developing and reaching professional goals and assists with writing effective applications and preparing students for interviews. Every year, the team coordinates career fairs and industry-specific events for students to meet and network with potential employers in their chosen field.
Graduates of the Engineering Management MSc online will possess:
- A wider understanding of the structures of engineering organisations and the role, relationships and behaviour of individuals, and groups undertaking engineering activities.
- An explanation of how current management theories and practices are relevant to achieving corporate competitive advantage.
- An understanding of the way in which finance and assets are managed within the business.
- A mastery of the concepts and principles of marketing and customer care.
- The ability to develop a corporate strategy for successfully achieving an engineering-driven change by applying current concepts, theories, and research.
Graduates of this master’s programme can go on to work in a wide range of rewarding and challenging roles in the engineering sector. Recent alumni have gone on to work for leading companies such as Jaguar, Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Atkins, Ford, and Unilever, and a number of graduates have set up their own consultancy companies.
A few examples of the careers graduates may choose to explore include:
- Processing Engineering Manager
- Automation Engineering Manager
- Quality Manager
- IT Manager
- Director of Hardware Engineering
- Supply Chain Manager
- Engineering Project Manager
- Plant Manager
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally-recognised qualification in an engineering, science, or technology subject.
- Proof of English proficiency.
About the School
Brunel University London, named after Britain’s influential engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel, has consistently delivered academic excellence since opening its doors in 1966. In its more than 50 years ... Read More