Our Energy Policy Masters offers a distinct broad-based, interdisciplinary social science training in energy policy, focusing on the challenge of climate change and the role of innovation.
Learn from internationally renowned academics from Sussex's Science Policy Research Unit who are making a global impact and designing and delivering solutions for sustainable futures.
Taught 100% online, you'll join students, academics and researchers from around the world who are bringing their expertise and experience to the virtual classroom. And with six start dates a year (January, March, May, July, September and November), you can start this course when you like and study in your own time, from your own home.
This course is part-time and can be completed in a minimum of two years and a maximum of four. Students have the opportunity to pause their studies if their work or life commitments require.
Why study Energy Policy MSc (online) at Sussex
- Study within Sussex’s world-renowned Science Policy Research Unit
- Explore relevant real-world examples with practical teaching delivered by those developing policies and driving global change
- Explore the theme of innovation throughout the course and its key role in meeting future energy challenges
- Learn through interactive teaching, giving you the opportunity to actively engage with classes and collaborate with your fellow students, from wherever you and they are in the world
- Study at a time and pace that suits you from anywhere in the world.
Developing a workforce who are equipped to manage the challenges of creating sustainable, low carbon energy systems is a priority for many governments and organisations across the world.
This course has been designed to meet the energy sectors skills gap; educating passionate graduates from a range of academic and professional backgrounds, and giving them the skills and knowledge to make real change.
Our online learning environment has been specially designed to give you the opportunity to study at Sussex at the time and place that suits you.
Taught by the same internationally renowned academics and researchers as our on-campus courses, online learning allows you to benefit from Sussex's expertise from where ever you are in the world.
Developed by specialist learning technologists, modules are interactive and practical. You'll take part in live lectures, seminars and group work and be encouraged to learn from your peers and share your own experiences to enhance each other’s learning.
Sussex’s reputation and global influence within the Energy Policy sector attracts academics and students from around the world.
As a student on the course, you will be taught by some of the world’s leading researchers on energy, innovation and sustainability; those who are advising governments and businesses around the world and driving global change.
Sussex’s specially designed online learning environment gives you direct access to the courses’ academic team and allows us to bring our expertise to you.
Fees are charged on a modular basis with each module costing £955*.
The full course fee is £11,450*.
Tuition fees may be subject to an annual increase each academic year in line with the University of Sussex’s terms and conditions. Increases will come into effect in September of each year.
*subject to rounding for administration purposes
Why study online?
- Benefit from studying at one of the world’s leading universities for Energy Policy research from wherever you are in the world.
- Learn within a global classroom, with students joining us from over 100 countries.
- Gain your Masters without taking time away from your professional and personal commitments.
- Flexibility to suit you; with modules starting every two months, if you need to ‘step-off’ the course for any reason, you can and join again when your time allows.
- Specially designed Virtual Learning Environment, accessible 24hrs a day, 365 days a year, all you need is an internet connection.