Discover the relationship between Big Data and the Internet of Things (IoT).
About this course
The Internet of Things is rapidly growing. It is predicted that more than 25 billion devices will be connected by 2020.
In this data science course, you will learn about the major components of the Internet of Things and how data is acquired from sensors. You will also examine ways of analyzing event data, sentiment analysis, facial recognition software and how data generated from devices can be used to make decisions.
What you'll learn
- Networks, protocols and basic software for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- How automated decision and control can be done with IoT technologies.
- Discuss devices including sensors, low power processors, hubs/gateways and cloud computing platforms.
- Learn about the relationship between data science and natural language and audio-visual content processing.
- Study research projects are drawn from scientific journals, online media, and novels.
- Review fundamental techniques for visual feature extraction, content classification, and high-dimensional indexing.
- Techniques that can be applied to solve problems in web-scale image search engines, face recognition, copy detection, mobile product search, and security surveillance.
- Examine data collection, processing, and analysis.
- High school math
- Some exposure to computer programming
- Length: 5 Weeks
- Effort: 7–10 hours per week
- Price: FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD
- Institution: ColumbiaX
- Subject: Data Analysis & Statistics
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
See 191 more programs offered by edX »
Last updated September 30, 2019
This course is
FREE; Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD