Prerequisites: The diploma requires an undergraduate knowledge of statistics (descriptive statistics, regression, sampling distributions, hypothesis testing, interval estimation, etc.), calculus (derivatives), linear algebra (vectors & matrix transformation), and probability (conditional probability/Bayes theorem).
The admission process will involve a short screening test on the above topics to assess participant readiness for the diploma.
Participants are required to possess an intermediate knowledge of Python since all assignments/application projects will be done using the Python programming language. Emeritus offers a complimentary Python for Data Analytics certificate course to meet this prerequisite. Participants who successfully complete this certificate course will receive a certificate of completion from the Emeritus Institute of Management.
Why Enroll For Postgraduate Diploma in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning algorithms are transforming systems, experiences, processes, and entire industries. It’s no wonder that business leaders see these data-driven technologies as fundamental for the future—and that practitioners fluent in both fields are in high demand.
We are fascinated by their world-changing potential, and we’ve created the Postgraduate Diploma in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, to help students understand the fundamentals of AI and machine learning and how to apply them to solve complex real-world problems.
Your Learning Journey
Module 1: Applied Machine Learning
- Regression: Maximum Likelihood, Least-Squares, Regularization
- Bayesian Methods: Bayes Rule, MAP Inference, Active Learning
- Foundational Classification Algorithms: Nearest Neighbors, Perceptron, Logistic Regression
- Refinements to Classification: Kernel Methods, Gaussian Process
- Intermediate Classification Algorithms: SVM, Trees, Forests and Boosting
- Clustering Methods: K-Means Clustering, E-M, Gaussian Mixtures
- Recommendation Systems: Collaborative Filtering, Topic Modeling, PCA
- Sequential Data Models: Markov and Hidden Markov Models, Kalman Filters
- Association Analysis
- Clustering Methods - II: Model Comparisons, Analysis Considerations
Module 2: Applied Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Intelligent Agents and Uninformed Search
- Heuristic Search
- Adversarial Search and Games
- Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- Reinforcement Learning
- Logical Agents
- AI applications: Natural Language Processing
- AI Applications and Course Review
Module 3: Capstone Project
EMERITUS Network Benefits
On successful completion of this diploma, join a community of over 7400 learners on the Emeritus Network. The Emeritus Network is your platform to connect to a global network of individuals. Benefits of the Emeritus Network include:
- Tuition Assistance
- Global Network that includes over 400 CEOs, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Founders, and Managing Directors
- Invitation to Global Events
- Start-up Corner to help connect, collaborate, raise capital, invest or identify talent
- Extended Course Access and
- Access to Emeritus Groups
Upon successful completion of the diploma, participants will receive a verified digital diploma from the Emeritus Institute of Management.
About the School
Our values define who we are, the people who we work with and the way we collaborate. They also encapsulate the behavior we seek in our students and alumni.