Take your career further, faster, by earning an Education Specialist (EdS) degree online from Walden University. Our EdS programs can prepare you to pursue new leadership roles while you lay the groundwork to pursue a doctorate if you so choose. Join the more than 100 state teachers of the year who have chosen Walden University to obtain their education degree. With Walden’s Lifelong Learning Pathway, students in most of our Ph.D. in Education, Doctor of Education (EdD), and Education Specialist (EdS) programs take many of the same initial courses. You can start in one of our post-master’s or doctoral programs in education and move to another degree program, which saves you time and money. In a Walden EdS program, you can:
- Build your credentials faster and at a lower cost than it takes to obtain a doctorate.
- Transfer credits from prior coursework and accelerate your time to degree completion.
- Receive dedicated support, from your first course through your capstone project.
- Explore real-world challenges in education and gain skills to promote social change.
- EdS in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- EdS in Early Childhood Education (Non-Licensure)
- EdS in Educational Administration and Leadership (Non-Licensure)
- EdS in Educational Leadership and Administration (Principal Preparation)
- EdS in Educational Technology
- EdS in Reading, Literacy, and Assessment (Non-Licensure)
- EdS in Special Education (Non-Licensure)
You can work toward your degree at a speed that’s right for you.
- Traditional: Take one course at a time. Advance through the program steadily while managing other commitments.
- Fast Track: Take two courses at once. Focus more time on the program and complete your degree sooner.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 27, 2017