About the Programme
The Edinburgh online MSc in Business Management will provide you with the practical proficiencies and knowledge you need to succeed in a career in business.
The course will deliver accessible, creative and flexible postgraduate business education allowing you the option to choose how, when and where you study.
There are specialisms available and you can combine your Business Management degree with one of the following:
- Logistics & Supply chains
- Marketing & Sales
- Project Management
- Tourism & Hospitality
This programme will guide you in exploring issues facing contemporary businesses and help develop your management skills in order to enhance your qualification.
While gaining a sound understanding of business management related topics; discussions stimulate an enquiring and analytical approach to subject matter. You will develop skills in innovative and creative problem solving, critical thinking and strategic reasoning.
The Times Higher Education places us in the top 5% of world universities. We are number 1 in the UK for nurturing student talent, according to the 2017 Guardian University Guide.
- The entry requirements for this course is normally a Bachelor’s degree at 2:2 or above. The University may also consider lesser qualification if you can demonstrate sufficient work experience in the relevant field and industry.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to undertake an approved English language test. You can discuss the available options with your personal academic consultant.
- A postgraduate qualification is a major achievement and greatly valued by employers. Recent surveys show that higher degree graduates are more likely to obtain jobs at a professional or managerial level and less likely to be unemployed. For some jobs, a postgraduate qualification may be essential, for others it offers a competitive edge.
- As companies seek out the business managers with the most advanced skills to respond to changes in the economy and marketplace, a Masters degree in business and management could give you the competitive edge you need to advance to these upper-level positions.
- The specialist knowledge and understanding you will gain could open up rewarding careers in business management, banking, insurance, accountancy, finance, marketing, sales, retail and human resources. You will also be well equipped to start your own businesses or work as an independent consultant in the future.
- Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
Program taught in: