Prepare for careers at the intersection of social work and public administration with the online MSW/MPA dual degree from Aurora University. Because the MSW curriculum is the foundation of this program, you will gain a solid background in generalist social work practice and fieldwork as you develop specialized skills for careers in public administration, nonprofit management, and more. This dual program is designed for the efficient completion of two graduate degrees, preparing you to make a positive impact in your community.
Instructors in the MSW/MPA program use open education resources (OER) in place of traditional textbooks for some courses. This means digital, openly licensed content is available free of charge to students.
Begin your journey today with our premier-clinical, CSWE-accredited social work program.
Aurora University’s online MSW/MBA dual degree program provides you with a comprehensive graduate education that combines in-depth social work-study with advanced business coursework. Each class is taught by expert faculty members with extensive real-world experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a 3.0 GPA or greater (on a 4.0 scale). Students with a lower GPA will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applicants may be required to complete an interview with the program director and provide letters of recommendation.
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae.
- Personal statement. A personal statement should be a typed, double-spaced narrative of two to three pages and reflect standards of graduate-level writing. Please address the following:
- Why have you chosen to pursue a dual MSW/MBA degree and what are your professional aspirations?
- Why have you chosen Aurora University to pursue your MSW/MBA?
- If your GPA is below 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, were there extenuating circumstances that affected your past academic performance? Please explain.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts (official, sealed in envelope) from all previously attended colleges or universities.
- Clinical social work
- Nonprofit leadership
- Behavioral health director
- Community leader
- Social service director
- Corporate social responsibility
About the School
At Aurora University Online, we are an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning. We offer the wide-ranging programs of a university with the personal attention of a small ... Read More