The primary goal of the Doctor of Computer Science (D.Sc) is to grow research computer scientist with the ability to generate new knowledge. The program of Computer Science (D.Sc) is designed to advance the professional development of experienced computer scientist and professionals in the computer arena by extending their computer knowledge and equipping them with broad research and process computer skills, enabling them to make a key leadership contribution to their chosen fields. The program has been created to train students for careers in research such as government research, universities research, and industrial research laboratories.
AIU’s Doctorate degree in Computer Science goes one step further by allowing students to study and research multiple key areas of computer science to develop a unique foundation of practical knowledge and computer science theory.
Your AIU Distance Learning Doctorate program in Computer Science will be a custom-made program, designed just for you by you and your advisor. This flexibility to meet your needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our program does not require every student to study the same subjects and use the same books and other learning materials as every other student. Instead, our online Doctoral programs are designed just for you. They are individually designed to meet your needs and help you to reach your professional and personal goals.
For South African citizens interested in our offers: Please note that our partner university AIU and it's programs are fully accredited by ASIC the UK Government body for accreditation of foreign Universities, however AIU is not yet recognised by SAQA within South Africa.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example.
Core Courses and Topics in Computer Science:
- Testing of Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Data Mining Techniques and Application
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Design and Analysis of VLSI
Specialty Courses and Topics in Computer Science:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networks: Technology and Application
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- Fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Computer Science:
- Doctoral Dissertation Project
- MBM900 Doctoral Proposal
- MBM902 Doctoral Dissertation (15,000 words)
Publication: Each Doctor of Computer Science graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
About the School
We believe only new, flexible educational solutions can meet the needs of many of today's potential students. Traditional education and their services don't have the flexibility to overcome today's ad ... Read More