The Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) program exposes the learner to cutting edge business and management concepts and theory as they apply these to real-world business problems. The students enhance their analytical and critical thinking skills while contributing to the body of professional business knowledge through their own research project (i.e., the dissertation).
Our DBA balances the rigor of academic research, with the practical focus of working professionals. Dissertation topics are applied in nature, i.e., the student will focus their research on solving real issues confronting their organization.
This program is designed for individuals with significant business experience who strive to increase their stature in the business community, either through the pursuit of executive leadership positions or applied business research employments. Certain academic career options are also open.
- Providing relevant business knowledge and advanced tools for critical assessment and application to experienced business professionals.
- Offering opportunities for significant personal development. In the duration of the program, participants will be able to achieve increased professional efficiency.
- Providing relevant opportunities to examine and study epistemologies and methodologies in the field of management and business research.
- Encouraging and helping professionals to perform substantial focused research on a consistent basis so as to create fresh knowledge that can be easily applied in their specific field.
- Providing opportunities to research associates for integrating theoretical knowledge and practical application by performing research that produces fruitful results for professionals in business management and related fields.
SMC focuses on helping you become an exceptional leader in your profession. This means that every course we offer is designed with enterprise, leadership, and your success in mind.
- A completed online application.
- Official Transcripts from your most recent undergraduate and graduate universities. To initiate the application process, a scanned transcript must be uploaded with your online application. If the transcript is not in English it must be translated by a certified translation service.
- Certified graduate and undergraduate degree diplomas in case the transcripts do not show the date of graduation or degrees conferred.
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL: paper min. 550, iBT min. 71, IELTS 6.0, other). Not needed for students graduating from an English-speaking school.
- Up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Minimum of four years’ relevant work experience in an executive/ leadership/ managerial position.
- 3 Names and contact details of references (past professors, employers, etc.)
- Transfer students: a maximum of half of the course credits may be transferred from another accredited university. The Registrar’s Office of SMC Business School will assess the acceptability of the requested transfer-of-credit based on the submitted transcripts and the feedback from the relevant SMC Department Head. Cases are reviewed individually. In some instances, the reviewers may request course syllabi and other course materials or test the competency of the student.
Single Payment: €21,500
The tuition can be settled via online payment or by bank transfer.
- Save €4,000 compared to the installment plan when choosing the single payment option.
- Allowances are granted to those affected by Covid 19, unemployment, financial, and health-related challenges.
Twelve Installments: €25,500
The tuition can be settled via online payment or by bank transfer in three annual payments.
- Pay €8,500 annually (three times).
- Allowances are granted to those affected by Covid 19, unemployment, financial- and health-related challenges.
Course Outline & Sequence
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Corporate Finance & Governance
- Performance Management
- Managerial Economics
- Advanced Management Strategy
- International Marketing Management
- Advanced Leadership
- Action Research
About the School
SMC is a government-accredited global online higher learning institution with learners from more than 130 different countries, providing unsurpassed academic excellence, content leadership, relevance ... Read More