Doctor of Theology at AIU
The Doctorate of Theology (BA) program objective is to help students who are planning to invest their lives in church or mission vocations to achieve the desired level of knowledge through biblical and theological studies. The Doctorate of Theology (BA) program is offered online via distance learning. After evaluating both academic record and life experience, AIU staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual basis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs.
Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Doctorate of Theology (BA) curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor. It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work.
Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of AIU’s unique approach to adult education. This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AIU? (Course and Curriculum)
Core Courses and Topics in Theology
- Understanding the Bible
- The New Testament
- Dynamics of World Religion
- Hebrew Script Post Bible Judaism
- The Church
- Understanding of Faith
- Christian Sacraments
- Christian Spiritualities
- Contemporary Religious Education
- Women in the Church
- Liturgical Music Woman Composers
- History of Christianity
- The Bible
- Old Testament Survey
- Pentateuch and Early History
- Hebrew Prophets
- New Testament
- Synoptic Gospels
- Archaeology of the Bible
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Theology
- Doctorate Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Doctorate Thesis (5,000 words)
- Publication: Each Doctorate of Theology graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The Admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us. If you are ready to apply, please submit your Online Application and paste your resume and any additional comments/questions in the area provided.
Learn more about our accreditation “Click here!”
Watch and learn more about AIU today!
About the School
The combination of the underlying principles of student "self-instruction", (with guidance), collaborative development of curriculum unique to each student, and flexibility of time and place of study ... Read More