Doctor of Public Administration at AIU
The Doctorate of Public Administration (MA) program prepares students to work in city management, policy analysis, program direction, the direction of development, budget consulting and analysis, human resource management, occupational safety coordination, lobbying, information specialization, and granting writing.
The Doctorate of Public Administration (MA) program is offered online via distance learning. After evaluating both academic record and life experience, AIU staff working in conjunction with Faculty and Academic Advisors will assist students in setting up a custom-made program, designed on an individual basis. This flexibility to meet student needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs.
Our online program does not require all students to take the same subjects/courses, use the same books, or learning materials. Instead, the online Doctorate of Public Administration (MA) curriculum is designed individually by the student and academic advisor. It specifically addresses strengths and weaknesses with respect to market opportunities in the student’s major and intended field of work. Understanding that industry and geographic factors should influence the content of the curriculum instead of a standardized one-fits-all design is the hallmark of AIU’s unique approach to adult education.
This philosophy addresses the dynamic and constantly changing environment of working professionals by helping adult students in reaching their professional and personal goals within the scope of the degree program.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AIU? (Course and Curriculum)
Core Courses and Topics in Public Administration
- Public Administration
- Political Economy
- Comparative Public Administration
- Human Rights and Administration
- Development Theory
- Poverty and Development Strategies
- Population Studies
- Decentralization, Governance, and Development
- Research Methods
- Public Infrastructure Planning and Management
- Policy Making and Analysis
- Organizational Behavior
- Social Sciences
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Seminar Administrative Development (Book Summary)
- Seminar Cultural Development (Practical Experience)
- Seminar International Development (Publications)
Research Project in Public Administration
- Doctorate Thesis Project
- MBM300 Thesis Proposal
- MBM302 Doctorate Thesis (5,000 words)
- Publication: Each Doctorate of Public Administration graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
- Arbitration skills
- Skill in the use of computers and other office equipment
- Skill in oral and written communications
- Public speaking skills
Employment Opportunities for Public Administration
- Administrative Assistant
- Non-Profit Organization Administrator
- Retail Store Manager
- Human Resources
- Manager Claims Adjuster
- Examiner or Investigator Executive Assistant
- American Society for Public Administration (ASPA)
- The American Assembly (TAA)
- Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management (APPAM)
- Center for Governmental Research (CGR)
Resources and Tools
- GPO Access
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The Admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us. If you are ready to apply, please submit your Online Application and paste your resume and any additional comments/questions in the area provided.
Learn more about our accreditation “Click here!”
Watch and learn more about AIU today!
About the School
The combination of the underlying principles of student "self-instruction", (with guidance), collaborative development of curriculum unique to each student, and flexibility of time and place of study ... Read More