Doctor of International Relations at AIU
The Doctor of International Relations (D.Sc) goal is to provide students with a strong foundation in the theory and practice of international relations necessary to conduct groundbreaking research. The program prepares students to pursue careers as intelligence specialists, diplomats, foreign service officers, foreign affairs analysts, foreign affairs specialists, foreign service officers, immigration specialists, market research analysts, or archivist demographers, among others. The International Relations program is designed to advance the professional development of experienced international relations graduates and professionals in the international relations arena by extending their knowledge and equipping them with broad research and process international relations skills, enabling them to make a key leadership contribution to their chosen fields.
AIU’s Doctorate degree in International Relations goes one step further by allowing students to study and research multiple key areas of computer science to develop a unique foundation of practical knowledge and computer science theory.
Your AIU Distance Learning Doctorate program in International Relations will be a custom-made program, designed just for you by you and your advisor. This flexibility to meet your needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our program does not require every student to study the same subjects and use the same books and other learning materials as every other student. Instead, our online Doctoral programs are designed just for you. They are individually designed to meet your needs and help you to reach your professional and personal goals.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AIU? (Course and Curriculum)
Core Courses and Topics in International Relations
- Research Methods
- American Foreign Policy
- International Organizations
- International Political Economy
- Contemporary Political Ideologies
- Government and Politics of Asia
- Islamic international law
- Politics of the Muslim World
- Foreign Policy of China
- United Nations and Global Security
- Strategies of Major World Powers
- Democracy and Dictatorship
- International Relations
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in International Relations
- Doctoral Dissertation Project
- MBM900 Doctoral Proposal
- MBM902 Doctoral Dissertation (15,000 words)
- Publication: Each Doctor of International Relations graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The Admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us. If you are ready to apply, please submit your Online Application and paste your resume and any additional comments/questions in the area provided.
Learn more about our accreditation “Click here!”
Watch and learn more about AIU today!
About the School
The combination of the underlying principles of student "self-instruction", (with guidance), collaborative development of curriculum unique to each student, and flexibility of time and place of study ... Read More