The objectives of the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business (3 years, 180 ECTS, distance education, in English) are to train the Doctoral Students to be able to research on topics related to:
- World's Religions (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism...) and its ethical principles
- To analyze the influence of religions on international business
- The development of a model of global ethics common to all mankind
- The globalization process and the economic areas of the world’s civilization (Western, Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic, Orthodox, Sinic, African...)
- Civilisations, religions, and economic integration
84% of humanity (6,000 millions of people) states belong to any religion.
How do religion and ethics influence global business?
Intended for graduates and working professionals who wish to continue their professional career in the field of International Business applying the principles of global ethics with a deep knowledge of World's religions and their influence on the way of doing business.
The Professional Doctorate in Business in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business is part of the category of the Professional Doctorates in International Business (DIB), which has the dual aim of contributing to the knowledge and practice.
Languages of the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business
All the subjects offered are available in English and Spanish. Approximately 40% of the subjects are also available in French and Portuguese. Thus, the Doctoral Student can perform this doctorate entirely in English (or French, Spanish or Portuguese); the student should have a sufficient level to study the subjects in these languages.
EENI provides a range of Related Subjects to Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business. The Doctoral Student can select the most suitable subjects depending on the thesis. The minimum ECTS Credits to be selected is 20, and the maximum is 60. The Doctoral Student selects the subjects once formalized the enrolment.
To facilitate the selection of the subjects, these are organized into several blocks:
- Introduction to Global Ethics, World's Religions, and International Business (10 ECTS)
- Globalisation and International Business
- Intercultural Negotiation
- Introduction to the Religions of the World
- Civilisations, Religions and Economic Integration (structure)
- Principles of a Global Ethics Model (PDF)
- International Business without Corruption (PDF) (structure)
- Islam: Ethics and Business (PDF) (structure) (19 ECTS)
- Sunnis and Shiites
- Islamic Organisations (PDF)
- Islamic Economic Area: Eurasian (PDF), Arab (PDF), Maghrebian (PDF), and African.
- Christianity: Ethics and Business (PDF) (structure) (20 ECTS)
- Catholicism (structure)
- Protestantism (structure)
- Western Economic Area: European, North American, Latin American, the Caribbean, and Oceania
- Indian Religions: Ethics and Business (PDF) (6 ECTS)
- Hinduism (structure)
- Jainism (structure)
- Zoroastrianism (structure)
- Sikhism (structure)
- Hindu Economic Area
- Buddhism: Ethics and Business (PDF) (structure) (5 ECTS)
- Mahayana Buddhism, Theravada, Zen, and Vajrayana
- Buddhist Economic Area
- Religions of China: Ethics and Business (4 ECTS) (PDF)
- Taoism (structure)
- Confucianism (structure)
- Sinic Economic Area
- Orthodoxy: Ethics and Business (3 ECTS)
- Orthodox Christianity (PDF) (structure)
- Orthodox Economic Area (PDF)
- Other Religions and/or Philosophies (1 ECTS)
- Bahá'í Faith
- African Traditional Religions
- Research Methodology
- The thesis of the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business
- Research Work and Thesis Plan of the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business
Duration of the training period: maximum of three calendar years since the formalization of enrolment up to the deposit of the thesis. If, after the period of three calendar years the Doctoral Student has not deposited the thesis, the Direction of the doctorate programme may authorize an extension of up to two years.
- Scholarships. A 40% reduction for the African Students (and the African Diaspora). Fees for the African Students: 3,132 Euros
- Please request for scholarships for other regions (Europe, the Middle East, Latin America...)
To be admitted to the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business, the students must have earned a master's degree or have a minimum of three years of work experience in relevant positions in the field of international business.
The graduate students in the Professional Master in Ethics, Religions, and Business of EENI can enroll directly on the Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business validating all the subjects already studied on the master.
The students who pass the assessments and thesis will receive the Diploma of Professional Doctorate in Global Ethics, Religions, and International Business issued by EENI (School of International Business).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 26, 2018