Doctor of Electrical Engineering at AIU
The primary goal of the Doctor of Electrical Engineering (D.Sc, Ph.D.) is to grow research engineers with the ability to generate new engineering knowledge. The program of Electrical Engineering (D.Sc, Ph.D.) is designed to advance the professional development of experienced electrical engineers and professionals in the electrical arena by extending their electrical knowledge and equipping them with broad research and process electrical skills, enabling them to make a key leadership contribution to their chosen fields.
AIU’s Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering goes one step further by allowing students to study and research multiple key areas of computer science to develop a unique foundation of practical knowledge and computer science theory.
Your AIU Distance Learning Doctorate program in Electrical Engineering will be a custom-made program, designed just for you by you and your advisor. This flexibility to meet your needs is seldom found in other distance learning programs. Our program does not require every student to study the same subjects and use the same books and other learning materials as every other student. Instead, our online Doctoral programs are designed just for you. They are individually designed to meet your needs and help you to reach your professional and personal goals.
Important: Below is an example of the topics or areas you may develop and work on during your studies. By no means is it a complete or required list as AIU programs do not follow a standardized curriculum. It is meant solely as a reference point and example. Want to learn more about the curriculum design at AIU? (Course and Curriculum)
Core Courses and Topics in Electrical Engineering
- Control Engineering
- Power Systems
- Signal Processing
- Solid-state Electronics
- Applied Electromagnetics
- Artificial intelligence
- Applied Superconductivity
- Microwave Amplifiers
- Microwave Solid-State Devices
- Human Control and Decision Making
- Fuzzy Logic
- Power Systems Optimization
- Optical Spectroscopy
- Fiber Optics
- Semiconductor Materials Growth
- Characterization and Device Fabrication
- Mathematical Physics
- Quantum Field Theory and Magnetism
Specialty Courses and Topics in Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Computer Networks: Technology and Application
- Advanced Operating Systems
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Artificial Intelligence
- Communication & Investigation (Comprehensive Resume)
- Organization Theory (Portfolio)
- Experiential Learning (Autobiography)
- Academic Evaluation (Questionnaire)
- The fundament of Knowledge (Integration Chart)
- Fundamental Principles I (Philosophy of Education)
- Professional Evaluation (Self Evaluation Matrix)
- Development of Graduate Study (Guarantee of an Academic Degree)
Research Project in Electrical Engineering
- Doctoral Dissertation Project
- MBM900 Doctoral Proposal
- MBM902 Doctoral Dissertation (15,000 words)
- Publication: Each Doctor of Electrical Engineering graduate is encouraged to publish their research papers either online in the public domain or through professional journals and periodicals worldwide.
Contact Us Today!
We understand how busy adults do not have time to go back to school. Now, it's possible to earn your degree in the comfort of your own home and still have time for yourself and your family. The Admissions office is here to help you, for additional information or to see if you qualify for admissions please contact us. If you are ready to apply, please submit your Online Application and paste your resume and any additional comments/questions in the area provided.
Learn more about our accreditation “Click here!”
Watch and learn more about AIU today!
About the School
The combination of the underlying principles of student "self-instruction", (with guidance), collaborative development of curriculum unique to each student, and flexibility of time and place of study ... Read More