Doctor of Leadership
Recognized as one of the top online, organizational leadership programs available, Piedmont is ranked #2 in North Carolina for online programs and one of the most affordable that can be completed while you work. Integrate your real work experiences with your research as you study effective leadership and change management. The Ph.D. is identified as the highest academic degree that can be earned. Its recognizable credential and universal appeal extend from the classroom to the pulpit; from the boardroom to the highest levels of academic administration. The Ph.D. in Leadership program is affordable, flexible, can be completed in as few as 3 years as you work and offers a great return on investment. It offers the flexibility of asynchronous, online delivery, which consists of a minimum of 60 credit hours. Our faculty is composed of highly qualified professors – all with earned doctor’s degrees. The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Leadership degree is multidisciplinary in scope and online in delivery with one on-campus residency in the first year. It is designed for students seeking an advanced degree leading to organizational leadership positions. It integrates research, theory, and practice, and provides a breadth of knowledge across the leadership field with in-depth research and study in pivotal areas. Critical thinking, scholarly research, writing, and learning occur within a biblical Christian worldview that supports the entire program. Three concentrations are available:
- Organizational Management
- Ministry Administration
- Educational Administration
This program requires a one-week residency and F1 status cannot be granted.
Dr. Carlos E. Ríos-Collazo (2016)
Federal Law Enforcement Professional, U.S. Government “As a federal law enforcement leader responsible for strategizing the protection of U.S. Presidents and guiding high-profile criminal investigations related to financial and nuclear-energy related crimes, leadership has been sine qua non in my profession. The rigorous framework of this doctoral program and its distinctively Christian foundation empowered me to catapult my career to the next level and successfully address professional challenges in a post-9/11 world.”
- An accredited master's degree or equivalent from a recognized college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Apply to Piedmont International University
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools
- Two letters of reference (one academic and one professional)
- A research-oriented writing sample
- Autobiographical Essay
- Current Résumé
- Follow all general admissions policies for Piedmont International University
Upon completion of the requirements, the graduate will be able to:
- Synthesize, evaluate, and contextualize leadership approaches and theories.
- Choose and create an original, scholarly research project culminating in a written, presented, and orally defended a dissertation that advances leadership theories and contributes substantively to the body of knowledge in their chosen concentration.
- Demonstrate a high level of comprehension of leadership theory through practical individual and organizational application.
- Analyze social, political, economic, religious, and organizational events relative to the influence of leaders and leadership approaches.
- Integrate Christian faith, scholarly research, and leadership theory into practice.
Summary of Required Hours
- Ph.D. Leadership Core 27
- Ph.D. Concentration 12
- Research Core 12
- Research in Concentration 9
- Total Hours 60
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018