Strengthen your capacity to make innovation a reality; unlock your potential to create winning strategies.
Disruptive Strategy with Clayton Christensen will help you:
- Become fluent in disruption theory and gain confidence articulating complex viewpoints
- Apply strategic frameworks to assess new opportunities and potential threats
- Acquire techniques for executive-level strategy formulation and team management
- Discover your next big idea by learning alongside other participants
Disruptive Strategy consists of 30 to 35 hours of material delivered over a six week period with a flexible program structure. There is no set time to log in. You complete the coursework on your own time while meeting regular deadlines. There will be weekly assignments, and a final paper is due at the end of the program.
Topics covered in the program include:
- Aligning with Innovation and Disruption
- Discovering Customer Jobs to be Done
- Organizing for Innovation
- Maintaining a Disruptive Scope
- Managing the Strategy Development Process
Participants in Disruptive Strategy are eligible for a Certificate of Completion from Harvard Business School Online. To earn the certificate, participants must successfully complete all coursework by the stated deadlines and actively contribute to our vibrant learning community.
Who Would Benefit?
Disruptive Strategy is intended for those who work in organizations that need to be more innovative and would like to be knowledgeable enough to lead that effort. It’s for those who want to feel more confident in their strategic recommendations by putting on a set of lenses through which to view the world of disruption and strategy. Those starting their own ventures and looking to disrupt an established industry, those in established firms looking to anticipate disruption, and those trying to understand their senior leadership’s discussions around disruptive innovations.
It is free to apply, and applications are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, so early application is encouraged. Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
About the School
Harvard Business School Online teaches vital business concepts in a unique and highly engaging way that enables committed learners to transform their careers, their organizations, and their lives.