- Title: Diploma in Digital Innovation and Leadership
- Own title: Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset
- Director: Dr. Ricardo García Vegas
- Credits: 12
- Price: 960 euros *
- Modality: online
- Duration: 125 hours
- Directed to: Managers and public employees of the governments and the public administrations in different levels (local, provincial / regional or national / central), linked with the technological management; experts in digital environments and networks; people with interest in this subject because of the characteristics of their current professional occupation. Participants are expected to count (or expect to count,) with the ability to influence the definition of strategies on the use of technologies in the operation of the organization or the provision of public goods and services.
Enrollment limit square: January 22, 2019.
Start of the course: January 28, 2019.
* This course has a program of scholarships and discounts, which can be consulted through the email address provided.
The Society has changed and requires a greater volume of goods and services, compliance with quality standards, the adoption of criteria of environmental sustainability, efficient investment of public money, and in many cases, actively participate in decision-making processes. Public institutions can not by themselves handle this accumulation of demands. The identification of the best policy alternatives necessarily involves sharing knowledge and experiences with other public, private and social actors through the implementation of models that optimize decision making and facilitate the construction of public agendas in consonance with citizen preferences.
Public institutions must face important challenges that derive from the complexity and dynamism of current societies. Citizens no longer only demand a greater volume of goods and services, but also demand:
- Compliance with quality standards
- Adoption of environmental sustainability criteria
- Efficient investment of public money
- Active participation in decision processes.
Public institutions can not, by themselves, address this accumulation of demands. The identification of the best policy alternatives in contexts of high uncertainty, necessarily involves sharing knowledge and experiences with other public, private and social actors, through the implementation of models that optimize decision-making and facilitate the construction of public agendas accordingly. with the citizen preferences.
These are challenges that test the capacity of public institutions to undertake processes of change consistent with the continuous transformation that is observed in the environment. There is also the need to guide existing resources towards the achievement of collective objectives. It is the people who constitute the main lever to strengthen these capacities. Therefore, it is necessary to have highly qualified and motivated professionals, both in public organizations and in civil society or private sector organizations. Human capital that exercises responsible leadership, with an innovative vision to face the challenges of the environment; with skills to undertake processes of change and transformation of society, in the definition and execution of the public agenda, and in the construction of sustainable and inclusive organizations.
- Identify and analyze digital trends and institutional changes that affect the functioning of public organizations.
- Facilitate, in highly dynamic contexts, the collection, systematization and analysis of data and relevant information for decision making.
- Lead digital transformation strategies in public organizations, establishing effective mechanisms of collaboration and cooperation among its members.
- Design digital innovation projects with a social impact that imply, for public organizations, an active and transforming role.
- Identify elements of experiences (successful and failed) that help in the process of formulating and implementing innovative projects with social impact.
- Promote the implementation of relational models for the exchange of information and resources inside and outside the organization
Students develop their academic activities through the Virtual Campus, under the direction and academic support of the team of teachers and tutors of the program. In view of the different time zones of teachers and students, it is not necessary to connect to the virtual campus in certain hours, but rather it is the student who, within the time defined by the timetable of each subject, organizes his / her time of study and participation in the forums and other activities through the platform
This virtual campus allows students to carry out their academic activities (presentation of papers, evaluations, etc.); receive the academic material, articles and reference documents; information on the management and organization of the course; and the accomplishment of different tests of evaluation of their knowledge and of the teaching staff, with the due controls in the access and verification of the personality to the virtual campus.
The common methodology of all the modules taught remotely, through the virtual classroom, corresponds to the following stages:
- Theoretical deepening through the reading of a series of specific, fully updated and rigorous texts that are an inexcusable support for the acquisition of theoretical knowledge. These allow a practical and analytical approach to the teaching units and the compulsory and / or recommended readings.
- Work on practical cases in which students can apply the theoretical knowledge acquired and advance in the analysis of factual and current assumptions.
- Accompaniment to the student, through a system of permanent and personalized tutorials, on the acquisition of the knowledge that is pursued with this program by the professors and the academic team
- Debate through collaborative work organized in the virtual campus and directed or supervised by a teacher.
- Evaluation exercises.
Participants who pass the course will receive a certificate issued by the Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset , a center affiliated with the Complutense University of Madrid.