- Program Code: 2305
- School: The Business School
- Credential: Ontario College Diploma
- Program Type: Post-secondary program
- Program Length: 2 years/ 4 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
- Location: Online
Centennial College's Business – Marketing program will prepare you to be the essential link between an organization and its customer base. You'll start this certificate program by learning business basics such as accounting, organizational behavior, business software, customer service, and international business. These topics will create a solid foundation for the marketing courses and topics that will follow, including:
- Marketing theory and case-based problem solving;
- Marketing communications, which will include advertising and promotion;
- Account management;
- Sales and service.
In addition to theory led by experienced faculty members, the Business – Marketing program will help you explore the various areas of marketing through case studies, projects, computer simulations, and technologies.
- An emphasis on global citizenship brings the discussion of the world and its events into the online classroom in value-added ways.
- Because the diploma you earn reflects high standards of learning, it is recognized in Canada and abroad.
- This program helps you to build your skills portfolio with a curriculum that combines broad marketing concepts with specialized marketing skills, along with training in popular business software.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Contribute to the development of an integrated marketing communication strategy for marketing products, concepts, goods, or services based on an identified target market.
- Contribute to the development of pricing strategies that take into account perceived value, competitive pressures, corporate objectives, and cost analysis.
- Contribute to the development of strategies for the efficient and effective distribution of products, concepts, goods, and services.
- Determine strategies for developing new and modified products, concepts, goods, and services that respond to evolving market needs.
- Analyze results of marketing activities using criteria related to budgeted sales, costs, profits, and other appropriate criteria.
- Contribute to the development of a marketing plan including marketing objectives, marketing mix, marketing strategies, budgetary considerations, and evaluation criteria.
- Develop strategies to establish effective working relationships with clients, customers, consumers, co-workers, supervisors, and others.
- Communicate marketing information persuasively and accurately in oral, written, and graphic formats.
- Analyze the viability of marketing products, concepts, goods, or services in an international market or markets.
- Participate in conducting market research to provide the information needed to make marketing decisions.
- Develop personal professional development strategies and plans to enhance leadership, management skills, and marketing expertise.
- Participate in the development of a business plan.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Use professional sales techniques to make a sale.
- Adapt to and apply variously and changing technologies, systems, and computer applications used in marketing environments.
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
Global Citizenship and Equity Portfolio
You will develop a portfolio documenting your engagement with the College's signature global citizenship and equity competencies. For more information on Global Citizenship and Equity, the GC&E Portfolio, and available supports, please visit www.centennialcollege.ca/citizenshipandequity.
Start in a diploma program, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this Business - Marketing program have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program.
Please note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement in order to qualify to transfer credits.
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
All four semesters of this two-year Marketing program are identical to the first four semesters of the School of Business' three-year advanced diploma program. Should you wish to continue with a more in-depth study of the field, you will benefit from a seamless transition into the three-year program.
Qualified graduates may also be eligible to participate in an articulated program with select universities, institutes and professional associations. These partnerships allow you to apply credits earned at Centennial towards further study.
The Business – Marketing program's educational partners are:
- Algoma University
- Athabasca University
- Davenport University
- Griffith University
- Royal Roads University
- Ryerson University
- University of Lethbridge
- University of New Brunswick
- Ontario Tech University
- University of Windsor
- Marketing assistant
- Account supervisor
- Sales and service representative
- Merchandising assistant
- Advertising assistant
- Promotions assistant
- Customer service representative
Areas of Employment
- Sports/events and entertainment
- Non-profit organizations
- Digital marketing agencies
- Advertising agency
- Enterprise corporations
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11 or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
- English language proficiency
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More