- Program Code: 2381
- School: The Business School
- Credential: Ontario College Diploma
- Program Type: Post-secondary program
- Program Length: 2 years/ 4 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Winter, Summer
- Location: Online
Centennial College's Business – Accounting program was created for students seeking excellent accounting-related training in a short time frame.
In this two-year Business School program, you'll learn the basics of accounting through a rigorous curriculum that will focus on expanding employable skills. While this business program will include the quality features of all Centennial College accounting programs, it will concentrate on building proficiency in financial and managerial accounting and on fostering in-depth knowledge of accounting software. Because they're essential for career success, communication and analytical skills will also be emphasized.
As a graduate of this diploma program, you'll be able to look forward to rewarding employment opportunities in a wide range of business sectors.
- In the Business – Accounting program, you'll build a strong foundation of skills necessary for pursuing a profession in accounting.
- Professors in The Business School have strong academic backgrounds, deep subject matter expertise, and extensive business and management experience.
- Your transition into the workplace will be made easy with training in industry-standard accounting software, including QuickBooks and Sage ACCPAC ERP.
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Record financial transactions in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, private enterprises, publicly accountable enterprises, and non-profit organizations.
- Prepare and present financial statements, reports, and other documents in compliance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for sole proprietorships, partnerships, and private enterprises.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental managerial accounting concepts.
- Prepare individuals’ income tax returns and basic tax planning in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Analyze organizational structures, the interdependence of functional areas, and the impact those relationships can have on financial performance.
- Analyze, within a Canadian context, the impact of economic variables, legislation, ethics, technological advances, and the environment on an organization’s operations.
- Outline the elements of an organization’s internal control system and risk management.
- Contribute to recurring decision-making by applying fundamental financial management concepts.
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
Start with a diploma, end with a degree! Successful graduates of this Business - Accounting program will have the opportunity to apply their credits towards further study at the degree level. Listed below are the degrees from partnering institutions that are available for this program. Students should note that each partnership has a specific minimum grade requirement to qualify to transfer credits.
Please visit our website at www.centennialcollege.ca/admissions/applying/education-pathways/outbound-pathways for more information on articulation agreements.
- Junior (entry-level) accountant
- Accounting clerk
- Accounting assistant
- Accounts payable clerk
- Accounts receivable clerk
- Accounts payable officer
- Accounts receivable officer
- Credit and collections officer
- Fixed asset management officer
- Financial consultant
- Financial officer
Areas of Employment
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Credit and collections
- Fixed asset management
- Inventory control
- Managerial and cost accounting
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
- Mathematics Grade 11or 12 C, M or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Math Skills Assessment for Admission
- English language proficiency
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More