Did you know that every business, by law, has to keep books? Also, it is a legal requirement to issue sales invoices and keep accounts records for a minimum of six years, so it is essential that businesses have an effective and manageable bookkeeping system in place. That’s why there is a demand for qualified bookkeepers, and when you study with Global Edulink, you will find it easier to get a job because you will have a widely recognised qualification on your CV.
Bookkeeping is the practice of keeping accurate records of all movements of money or of things with value that take place in a particular business or organisation. The only qualities a would-be bookkeeper needs are common sense, a logical mind, the ability to write neatly and the ability to do simple arithmetic accurately – and nowadays most arithmetic is done on a calculator.
Managing and processing a business’s payroll is an important task, and it’s vital that those handling the payroll have a full understanding and knowledge of the processes involved.
This course is designed to teach you the basic to advance rules of book-keeping and payroll management in easy stages so that you gradually build up your knowledge and confidence and eventually achieve complete mastery of the subject at expert level. More importantly, you will be able to handle your own accounting records, or those of an employer, in a practical and professional manner.
It’s not easy deciding on a career path with so much uncertainty in the marketplace. One thing is for sure: with this qualification on your CV, you can offer financial expertise to countless businesses crying out for your skills.
Our online course is so well designed you will feel that you are in the classroom! This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to study effectively and guide you to secure your qualification.
√ Who is it for?
- Whether for your own business or as an accounts assistant or accounting technician in an organisation’s finance department, showing that you have taken the time to learn how to accurately record financial purchases, sales and receipts will help you validate your abilities.
- This diploma course will be of great interest to business owners and business professionals who would like to better understand the transactions and controls used in business, and to any learner who is interested in accounting as a future career.
√ Course Description:
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the key topics listed under the curriculum. This course has been designed for 30 guided learning hours.
√ Course Duration:
You will have 12 Months access to your online study platform from the date you purchased the course. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can complete the course in stages revisiting the training at any time.
√ Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice question assessment test. This online multiple choice question test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded Diploma in “Bookkeeping and Payroll Management”.
√ Entry Requirement:
- This course is available to all students, from all academic backgrounds. However, basic knowledge and skills of Accounting would be an advantage.
- Learners should be ages 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
√ Career Path:
There are several roles in Accounting and many different ways you can climb the ladder to make your way to the top. It is important to understand what your various Accounting career options and few of them are listed in below:
- Payroll Administrator
- Account Clark
- Bookkeeping Assistant
- Account Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Office Manager
- Accounts Payable Clerk.
- Accounts Receivable Clerk.
- Payroll Clerk
- Staff Accountant
- MODULE 01
- Introduction to Bookkeeping and Payroll
- Internal Controls and Control Concepts
- MODULE 02
- Working with Ledgers
- Correcting Entries
- Sales Tax, Rules and Filing
- Budgeting & Strategic Plan
- Types of Budgets
- Merchandising Income Statement
- Sales and Purchase Discounts
- Petty Cash
- Cash Controls – The Bank Reconciliation
- The Payroll Process
- Payroll Process – Earnings Record
- The Partnership & Corporations
- Accounts Receivable and Bad Debts
MODULE 07 Preparing Interim Statements Year End – Inventory MODULE HANDOUTS
- Module Handouts- Bookkeeping and Payroll Management
ADDITIONAL STUDY MATERIALS
- Additional Study Materials- Business Accounting
- Reference Books- Business Accounting
- Mock Exam: Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll Management – Online
- Exam: Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll Management – Online
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 19, 2018