Adapt your teaching methods to the digital world and enable digital transformation in schools with this digital learning course.
Discover digital learning and accelerate digital transformation in the classroom
How can teachers adapt their classroom practice to a developing digital world?
On this course, you will explore the opportunities and challenges of moving from using long-established print technologies to new working principles introduced by digital technologies.
You will be introduced to the ways to plan for a digital classroom and approaches to predict the outcome of using digital technologies in your teaching practice.
This course will deepen your understanding of the digital world, as you follow authentic examples from the classroom and discover how you can benefit your teaching practice.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to perspectives on technology in organizational studies.
- Strategies for planning the use of digital technologies in an educational setting.
- Strategies for implementing the use of digital technologies in an educational setting.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Reflect upon the meaning of digitalization and relate the term to the 4th Industrial Revolution, the relationships between new technologies and organizing of work and the network society and social networks and digital technologies.
- Explain how the introduction of new digital technologies in a teaching setting challenges established teachings practices, and what consequences new digital technologies can have on teachings practices.
- Describe the planning of digital classroom practice by selecting digital technologies, use the method of node-mapping, work with themes and create learning activities with the use of digital technologies.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers in schools at all levels who are interested in using digital technology to transform their teaching practice.
Who will you learn with?
I have a background in social anthropology and sociology. I have researched schools and higher education for more than a decade. I work with online learning, developing courses and doing research.
Who developed the course?
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
NTNU is the largest of the eight universities in Norway, and, as its name suggests, has the main national responsibility for higher education in engineering and technology.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.