Learn about the role of analytics in business, the types of analytics and techniques used and why they are important.
Explore the world of analytics and develop skills to grow your career
Running a successful online business often requires a good working knowledge of web analytics. On this course, you will explore the basics of analytics, different types of analytics and why they are important for business. You will discover concepts including segmentation and benchmarking and explore five steps to creating a measurement plan.
You will also learn the processes involved in creating a successful online business, including measuring objectives, outcomes and continually improving. And finally, you will learn how to apply analytics, looking particularly at Google Analytics.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Introductory analytics
- Explore different types of analytics and why they are important for business
- Review the processes, including measuring objectives and outcomes, to continually improve your product or business
Week 2: Techniques
- Define segmentation and benchmarking
- Explore five steps to creating a measurement plan
- Learn to apply analytics by looking at some challenges for businesses
- Practise how to start using Google Analytics
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 12 October 2020
- 7 December 2020
- 1 February 2021
- 29 March 2021
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe what analytics is.
- Identify the different types of analytics including descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive.
- Describe the segmentation process and explain why it is a useful analytical technique.
- Describe what Google Analytics is and explain why it is a useful tool.
- Explain why analytics is important for business.
- Describe the various web analytics processes and metrics used to measure online success.
- Identify the challenges faced by businesses in getting the right data.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone with an interest in web analytics who is looking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No prior experience or qualifications required.
Who developed the course?
Accenture Digital Skills is a free, interactive series of courses which help and prepare people to build the digital skills necessary to gain a job or start a business.
Accenture is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.