Discover why user experience (UX) is important, the research and design basics, and the tools and testing techniques used in UX.
Learn the basics of user experience
User experience, known as UX, makes a huge difference to whether a digital product or project, succeeds.
On this course, you will learn what UX is and why it’s so important. You’ll learn the foundations of UX design and what distinguishes good from bad UX. You will also explore the UX design process; user research, designing your experience, using your goals and ideas to draw wireframes and then building usable prototypes.
Finally, we will look at the different techniques you can use to test and develop your designs so that they’re ready to release to the market.
What topics will you cover?
Week 1: Why is user experience important?
- The foundations of UX design
- What is ‘good usability’?
Week 2: User experience basics
- The importance of user research
- User journeys
- Visual design
- Structuring your site
- Wireframes and interactive prototypes
Week 3: Tools and testing
- Types of user testing
- Interaction design
- The importance of analysing data
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 12 October 2020
- 7 December 2020
- 1 February 2021
- 29 March 2021
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe what user experience (UX) is and why it is important.
- Identify the key approach, attitude and process elements which are necessary for UX design.
- Identify the concepts of information architecture and the importance of good structure for usability.
- Explain the how and why of drawing wireframes, the importance of low-to-high detail and the benefits of interactive prototypes.
- Explain the foundations of UX design and the impact it can have on your business.
- Describe the ‘design’, ‘develop’ and ‘release’ stage of the UX process and what ‘user journeys’ are.
- Identify the concepts and explain the reasons for creating prototypes.
Who is the course for?
This course is for those seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No previous experience or qualifications required.
Who developed the course?
Accenture Digital Skills is a free, interactive series of courses which help and prepare people to build the digital skills necessary to gain a job or start a business.
Accenture is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.