Learn how to analyse social and digital media and how to turn this data into useful insights and actions.
Understand how to get value from digital and social media
How can social and digital media help a business improve? How can we get useful data from social and digital media? What are the limitations of such data?
Get answers to these questions and more in this introductory course to social and digital media analytics. In the course, you’ll learn how to turn social and digital media information into business intelligence and discover why it’s so useful for professionals.
You’ll look at the different types of data you can get from social media and the opportunities and limitations each presents.
What topics will you cover?
- Introduction to social media analytics.
- Overview of digital analytics.
- Twitter as a data source for analysis.
- Introduction to social media analytics research.
- Data science and social media analytics.
- Building a social media research program.
- Extracting meaning from data.
- Tools to track social media analytics.
- Organizing and categorizing social media data.
- Analysing social media data using t-tests and correlations.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Discuss the constraints, opportunities and limitations of using data from social media.
- Identify the possibilities with social media data and techniques available.
- Evaluate the basic types of social media data relevant to professionals.
- Explore social and media data to answer questions and report actionable insights.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need a Google account to make use of Google sheets, you will also need a Twitter account, and to install or access TAGS.
Who will you learn with?
Sorin Adam Matei
Dr Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.