Learn about the importance of earned media and how to evaluate it so you can understand how to improve your online presence.
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, and how they could help your business.
Discover the importance of earned media
Earned media are the articles and mentions on social media that are produced by others about you. They can play a key role in increasing the size of your online presence.
On this course, you will learn about strategies for setting up social media listening and monitoring programs. You will also learn how to collect Twitter data using two different methods on Google Spreadsheets.
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding and making the most of earned media
- How to get earned media
- Best practices for earned media campaigns
- Earned media strategies for content marketing plans
- Introduction to social listening
- Benefits of social listening
- How brands use social listening
- Engaging customers on social media
- Tools for social media analytics
- Collecting tweets from social media
- Social media listening tools
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Evaluate earned media produced by organisations.
- Improve your online presence by collecting and analysing earned media.
- Evaluate the benefits of social listening.
- Explore how brands use social listening to improve their message.
- Identify effective social media listening tools.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have a Google account to make use of Google sheets; ensure you have a Twitter account; install or access TAGS; use a laptop or desktop computer, download the Twitter Archiver from the Google add-ons store. You will also need to know some technology.
Who will you learn with?
Sorin Adam Matei
Dr Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
I am a PhD candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. My research interests include pedagogy and social media interaction.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.