INTRODUCTION AND OBJECTIVES
Understanding the complexity of human societies and cultures, will be aware of their wealth is a key to understanding and accepting diversity factor. A requirement that, in an increasingly globalized world, becomes an indispensable aspect as well as a transferable skill that brings significant added value to any professional profile.
The Degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology UNIBA born to meet this challenge. His teaching plan allows students to know the human identity and its many cultural events in depth. The thematic range is broad, and covers aspects such as geography, kinship, economy, ethnography, art and religious manifestations, among other issues.
Thus, participants gain a critical, advanced, multidisciplinary, specialist and researcher in the field of anthropology, with the help of teachers from the University of Barcelona (UB) base.
With this curriculum:
- You will understand the social complexities inherent to mankind.
- You will master the key to carry out a comparative analysis of human societies.
- You will get a thorough understanding of the subject areas of social and cultural anthropology, concerning cultural diversity and the implications for the understanding and problem solving.
- You know the importance of field work endográfico as the primary method for collecting data that give rise to anthropological theories.
- You will acquire the knowledge and tools necessary for the practice of anthropology.
This program is aimed particularly at people who are interested in the social and cultural diversity and the multiple expressions, and the phenomena of multiculturalism own world today, as well as new situations of coexistence and conflict to lead.
It is recommended that students have to acquire a critical concern, competent and committed to new social vision. It is recommended to have completed high school Humanities and Social Sciences. Students also must have a capacity of comprehensive and critical reading that allows the position and decide between different criteria.
It also advises having an optimum level of English to being able to find the literature and basic computer skills for both the studio and the use of electronic resources.
Under Article 14 of Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October, on the organization of official university studies, they can access these official teachings Grade persons who meet the requirements of current legislation for Access to university, and in compliance with applicable rules establishing procedures governing selection for admission to universities.
The existing access roads to this degree are:
- Tests access to university or equivalent (PAU).
- Ciclos Formativos de Grado Superior, FP2 o asimilados.
- University graduates.
- Entrance exams for over 25 years.
- Students from educational systems that applies Article 38.5 of the Organic Law 2/2006 of 3 May, on education.
- Recognition of foreign university studies (continuation of the same studies).
In order to provide you access to your studies, UNIBA offers you various types of scholarships:
- Academic merit scholarships
- Own scholarships: awarded to students with good professional record by the admissions committee.
- Scholarships and grants the Ministry of Education or other state government agencies.
At all times our educational advisors will inform you of the validity of each and can guide you on the needs and steps to follow when applying for any of these scholarships.
Obtaining the Degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology entitles you to work in the following areas:
- Intercultural relations and cultural diversity: intercultural mediators, technical support health and educational personnel, social promoters and mediators, civic officers, social mediators.
- Ethnological heritage: conservative, technicians, editors of publications, knowledge managers, cultural facilitators.
- Territorial development and international cooperation: agents and social development technicians, managers and program evaluators, staff of aid agencies, intercultural mediators, experts in indigenous societies or local knowledge.
- Promotion and cultural management technicians, advisors cultural policy programs, forming cultural agents, cultural promoters.
- Teaching and research: secondary school teachers, trainers on cultural diversity, media partners.
- Basic and applied research.
- Social intervention.
This school offers programs in:
- Spanish (Spain)
Last updated October 23, 2017