Description of the workshop
Writing is a trade that can be learned. If you want to write, you can, but first you must know the techniques of a trade as old as the man: the storyteller. Because a story can take many forms: that of a story or a novel, yes, but also that of a conference, an advertisement or a biography.
The agenda of Creative Writing has been prepared by Enrique Páez, one of the pioneers of the teaching of creative writing in Spain. Enrique knows that the first step in writing a story is ... to start writing. Overcoming the fears associated with creation, freeing the imagination and knowing the techniques that allow you to express your talent (the characters, the construction of the scene, the visibility, the narrator, the time ...) are the objectives of this course. With your unbound writing and mastery of narrative techniques, the time will come to manipulate and transcend them.
The Creative Writing course consists of three modules of three months each (The writing unleashed, We write without stopping and Unlock your writing) that you can perform in the order you want throughout the academic year.
The courses are taught in the Virtual Campus of the Escuela de Escritores and can be followed from any place and at any time. Each unit the teacher comments all the texts in a written report, in which in addition to making a personalized comment to each student, makes a global comment, centered on the theme of the unit and complemented by what was discussed in the group throughout unit.
The courses start on Wednesdays, the day on which the coordinator starts the first discussion forums. That day also accesses the first PDF with the theoretical work material and the practical proposal of writing. Each subject of the course is complemented with a video by Enrique Páez, coordinator of the syllabus. The students will have a space of seven days (until Tuesday), to send their exercises. The teacher will collect the exercises and put them in common with the group, guiding the debate and reading about them. On Tuesday of the following week he will send his final report to the group. And, once a month, during the day and at the time that best suits the majority of students, a virtual chat (in a private chat room) will be convened to discuss the lessons or review some aspects that may raise doubts.
The creative writing workshop is presented with three different programs, three months each: The unleashed writing, Unlock your writing and write without stopping. They can be taken in any order.
The unleashed script
- 1 - Unlocking exercises.
- 2 - The first glow.
- 3 - The characters in the story.
- 4 - The construction of the scene.
- 5 - The narrative space.
- 6 - Time is a custom clock.
- 7 - Transformation of fables.
- 8 - Write from the end.
- 9 - The non-existent ending.
- 10 - Literary memory.
- 11 - Style exercises.
- 12 - Experimental writing.
Unlock your writing
- 1 - The writer's cave.
- 2 - How to present a character.
- 3 - The crazy humor.
- 4 - The personal diary.
- 5 - The voice of the narrator.
- 6 - The four phases of creation.
- 7 - The fantastic binomial.
- 8 - The voice of the interior.
- 9 - The haikus and Zen poetry.
- 10 - The direct and indirect style.
- 11 - The stories crisscrossed.
- 12 - Common mistakes.
We write without stopping
- 1 - The visibility.
- 2 - Thoroughness and focus.
- 3 - The first paragraph.
- 4 - The black humor.
- 5 - The functions of Propp.
- 6 - The last paragraph.
- 7 - Balance and rhythm.
- 8 - The movie script.
- 9 - The situation metaphor.
- 10 - The equiscient narrator.
- 11 - Where the story is told.
- 12 - The subliterate.
- Monthly fee: 115 euros (plus 30 euros of tuition).
- Single payment: 345 euros.
- With a card through our secure payment platform at PayTPV.
- By bank transfer (only from Spanish bank accounts).
- By direct debit (only to Spanish bank accounts).
- By Paypal.
- Through alternative payment systems.