Learn to plan and launch a successful social media marketing campaign with the Institute of Coding and the University of Leeds.
This course is part of the Creating Digital Content program, which will enable you to find out how to implement a successful social media marketing strategy online.
Discover the key features and platforms for an effective social media campaign
The impact of social media on business, society, entertainment and politics is undeniable.
Organisations of all sizes and industries have brought social media to the heart of their marketing, communication and customer support.
The challenge is knowing how to create effective two-way communication between your organisation and your audience.
On this course, you’ll discover how to create and measure the success of a social media marketing campaign. You’ll explore how companies use digital marketing, and learn what goes into planning and running a successful campaign.
What topics will you cover?
- Discover the components that make up a social media campaign.
- Identify the strengths and drawbacks of the different social media platforms.
- Create and measure the success of a social media marketing campaign.
- Explore how to identify the target audience through the use of personas.
- Explore the difference between paid and organic social media marketing.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe a social media strategy and its components.
- Identify a target audience and how to reach them.
- Describe the difference between paid and organic reach.
- Evaluate appropriate metrics for a successful campaign.
- Explain the role of timelines in a social media marketing campaign.
- Produce a strategy and sample content for a social media marketing campaign.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Digital content/community/ transformation consultant, facilitator and trainer with 22+ years of industry experience.
Also passionate about neurodiversity and ethical business. Drinks a lot of tea.
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course.
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes.
- Tests to validate your learning.
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible.
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.