Does your social media presence reflect who you are as a professional? Build your online presence to boost your employability.
This course is part of the Creating Digital Content program, which will enable you to find out how to implement a successful social media marketing strategy online.
Harness the power of social media to create the right impression with employers
How we present ourselves online is becoming increasingly important, both personally and professionally.
During this course, you’ll explore the various elements that make up your professional online presence and learn how to exist online without affecting your employability.
You’ll consider your privacy and security settings, and discover how what you post might impact different audiences.
You’ll also explore the suitability of different online platforms for your social media presence and discover the impact that conduct and tone can have on your professional reputation online.
Featured in the UK government’s The Skills Toolkit collection.
What topics will you cover?
- Explore the concept of online presence for professional purposes.
- Evaluate your online presence for employability.
- Evaluate the most suitable platform for your needs.
- Identify different classes of communication strategies using different platforms and formats.
- Develop and plan for developing and maintaining your own effective online professional presence.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 28 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explain the direct and indirect activities that contribute to online presence.
- Evaluate your online presence.
- Improve your personal professional presence.
- Compare different platforms to analyse their suitability for your needs.
- Classify communications strategies.
- Develop a plan for an effective online presence.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices has evolved.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Digital Skills for the Workplace collection from the University of Leeds and the Institute of Coding.
Who will you learn with?
Digital content/community/ transformation consultant, facilitator and trainer with 22+ years of industry experience.
Also passionate about neurodiversity and ethical business. Drinks a lot of tea.
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a family of learners, businesses and educators creating a new way to develop the digital skills needed at work and beyond.
The University of Leeds is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course.
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes.
- Tests to validate your learning.
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible.
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.