The environmental problems derived from the use of the automobile and the need to diversify the energy sources in the transport sector have placed the electric vehicle in the forefront of current events. As of 2010, the generalized commercialization of electric vehicles will be produced , which increasingly have better benefits at a more affordable price. In Spain it is expected that there will be one million electric cars in 2014, and in Germany the same figure in 2020.
In the same way, the hybrid vehicle is being generalized, which normally combines a combustion engine with an electric one, and which has great advantages in terms of lower fuel consumption and less pollution.
The electric and hybrid vehicle technologies are very varied, there are multiple possible configurations for hybridization, and as for the batteries needed to increase the storage capacity of electricity, there are numerous types. The optimal configuration depends on several factors so that the vehicle has the required features. Nor should we forget the recharging of electric vehicles and the additional security and approval challenges.
The electric and hybrid vehicle will quickly be an option and a rapidly expanding market. Users, manufacturers of components, workshops and car dealers have before them an opportunity that they can take advantage of in their favor and the environment when using this technology properly.
With the course of hybrid and electric vehicles you will know:/>
- The advantages of electric and hybrid vehicles over conventional ones, and the current state of development.
- The various types of electric and hybrid vehicles, and their configurations, with their advantages and disadvantages.
- How is the market currently and what can be expected in the near future.
- How to recharge an electric vehicle.
- How an electric and hybrid vehicle works, its components and its function, especially the electric batteries and the electronics necessary for its operation and energy management.
- How an electric vehicle is designed.
- The security bases, legislation and regulations that apply to the electric vehicle.
Duration: 150 hours. 6 ECTS./>
The course of hybrid and electric vehicles consists of six modules:/>
What is an electric vehicle? History of the electric car, current state of the market and technique. The reason for the change to the electric vehicle. Spanish frame of the electric vehicle. Integration of the electric vehicle in the electric network. Propulsion technologies (comparative).
Components Typologies and powertrains. Technological leaders in development in propulsion systems with battery
gas. Passenger cars. Buses Forklifts Delivery vehicles. New steps on the road to Marketing.
VEHICLE ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEMS
Introduction. Physical foundations Types of electrical storage. Batteries Capacitors Flywheels of inertia. Technical characteristics (technical sheets). Fuel cells.
Auxiliary systems of the electric motor. Braking and energy recovery. Suspension and direction circuits. Engines and transmission systems. Speed regulation. Hybrid vehicle control strategies. Dimensioning Commercial models of hybrid and electric battery vehicles.
Electric recharge V2G system. The electric vehicle as a stabilizer of the electric network. Increase in electricity demand. Architecture of the recharging post. Modes of electric charge. Types of electrical outlet. Hydrogen recharge
REGULATIONS RELATING TO THE ELECTRIC VEHICLE
Introduction to regulations. International regulations Legislation recharging points. Incentives and aid promoted by national governments.
Who is it for?/>
- To all those who wish to acquire, improve or update their knowledge in this area.
- INDISPENSABLE REQUIREMENT: Be over 21 years old.
Online mode with:/>
- Study material designed specifically.
- Virtual campus with a multitude of teaching resources.
- Direct contact with the faculty.
- Evaluation based online test and specific jobs.
Once you have successfully completed the Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Course, you will receive a university degree issued directly by the Catholic University of Ávila, with 6 ECTS European credits./>
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 26, 2018