Anna Utochkina / Unsplash
About this course
Brides and grooms will be saying I Do to you with your creative ideas and contacts to help them have the happiest day of their lives.
Love weddings? Become a specialist Wedding Planner
The profession of Wedding Planner has developed relatively recently and has become a reliable and very exciting career. Planning what’s probably the biggest day in most peoples’ lives will call on all your organizational skills but also need plenty of creativity to design and manage a professional and stylish celebration.
The IOA Wedding Planner course gives you an excellent grounding in all the aspects of planning a wedding celebration.
What you'll learn
We’ll take you through:
- What criteria to use to choose the best date and the most suitable venue.
- How to be prepared for and imaginative with the wide variety of traditions and themes you may be asked to accommodate.
- To structure the timing of your tasks and plan for all the additional celebrations around the wedding itself.
- To professionally style the venue, dress the wedding party and give guidance on etiquette.
Who is this course for?
A career as a Wedding Planner is challenging, exciting and fun. Being in charge of your own future is hugely rewarding and fulfilling.
This is a career that will require all of your skills! Are you a creative problem solver, good at thinking on your feet? Are you organized, and as good at directing clients and employees as an army general? Are you stylish, with a flair for original design?
This could be the start of the most exciting time of your life. Sign up for your IOA Wedding Planner course today and look forward to fulfilling your career dreams!
After completing this course, you could:
- Start a Wedding Planning business.
- Join the team of a Wedding Planning business.
- Use your improved skills and knowledge to impress your boss and get a raise or promotion.
- Plan your own wedding or that of your friends and family.
Douglas Gianini / Pexels
No formal qualifications are required.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Receive your certificate in 4 simple steps
Follow the easy peasy enrollment process.
Absorb and remember course content with our easy-to-follow, structured information and helpful illustrations. And yes - you can study anywhere, anytime, from any device.
Reinforce your learning with quizzes at the end of each module.
Once you’ve successfully completed your course and passed the exams, you’ll receive your certification. Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
Module 1: Profession Of A Wedding Planner
- What is the profession of a Wedding Planner?
- What are the characteristics of a Wedding Planner?
- Client Questionnaire
- The planning process
- Types of weddings
- Choosing music for the ceremony
- Choosing music for the banquet
Module 2: Planning For The Big Day
- Engagement Party - wedding planner's functions
- Bachelor party - individual or joint
- Choice of venue for the celebration
- Invitations: design and content
- How to prepare the guest list
- Flower girls and pageboys - functions
- Rings and symbols of partnership
- The speeches - who, how, when and why?
- Event checklist - Video tutorial
Module 3: Dressing The Wedding Party
- For the bride
- For the groom
- For the bridesmaids, best man, flower girls and page boys
- Other things to consider when dressing the bridal party
- Hair colour and style
- Nail care
Module 4: The Reception, Party And Gifts
- Choosing the banquet menu
- Complementary Services
- Floral decoration for the church, for the couples’ mode of transportation and for the banquet location
- Layout of tables
- What to give to your guests?
- What to give the couple?
- Capturing lifelong memories
- The honeymoon
Module 5: Budget, Payment And Review
- Final Budget
- Sample Budgets
- Incidence Analysis
Module 6: Marketing Your Wedding Planner Business
- Market research
- Build your brand
- Take advantage of low-cost marketing techniques
- Make your website work hard for you
- Use social media
- PR and advertising
Module 7: Starting Your Wedding Planner Business
- What help is available
- Setting up your business
- Running your business
Module 8: Wedding Planner Resources
- Wedding Budget Spreadsheet
- Midday Wedding Agenda Checklist
- Evening Wedding Agenda Checklist
- Table Plans
- Wedding Pictures List
- Wedding Planner Manual