Open Data is data that anyone can access, use or share and when used well it can be extremely powerful. It enables businesses, citizens, developers and researchers to harness resources that can make crucial improvements to their communities and the economy. It can also help with the development of new products and services, improve business efficiency and create economic value.
This course provides new insight into the history of Open Data, its pros and cons, business cases and business models related to publishing and using Open Data.
How could you benefit? Join to find out.
What topics will you cover?
- What is Open Data?
- Why is Open Data useful in business?
- How to assess and manage risk when using Open Data
- How Open Data can improve business
- How to create an Open Data business model
- How to use external Open Data
- How to publish Open Data
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Develop Open Data Publication and Use strategies
- Identify potential Open Data Business Models
- Explore strategies in Open Data to enhance performance
- Describe Open Data and its relevance to business
- Investigate Open Data licensing and risk management
Who is the course for?
This course will be of particular interest to those working in digital start-ups, managers in corporations, developers, public sector managers and students.
This is not a technical course, and is introductory in scope. Learners require only curiosity and an open mind.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2018