Stay ahead of the curve. Learn a language of critical importance.
Our online Turkish course is designed for complete beginners. It is ideal for self-study. It can also be integrated into existing language learning programmes (blended learning environments) with online or classroom tutors.
The course is completely self-contained. No other software or resources are needed.
Anyone intending to enter the business world will find a solid foundation for future contacts in Turkey.
Schools, vocational colleges and universities wanting to prepare their students for a career in business will equally benefit from the course.
Join our two main characters, Frank and Sarah, as they travel to Istanbul to meet new contacts. Then join them in Bursa as they look for business opportunities and start negotiations.
- Interactive dialogues with voice recording and role plays
- Intensive vocabulary practice
- A wide range of communicative activities for practice and consolidation
- Interactive grammar acquisition
- Cultural information and advice about business etiquette
Course goals and awards
On completion of the full course, you will have achieved Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Level 4 of the European Qualifications Framework).
This course has twelve key units covering:
- Arriving in Istanbul and meeting new contacts
- At the hotel and making arrangements
- Taking a taxi
- A first business meeting, breaking the ice
- At a restaurant
- Finding your way about town
- A second business meeting
- Finding out about a potential business partner
- Checking into a hotel
- Discussing business arrangements
- A day off. A visit to a museum
- Saying goodbye
The pathway to your goals
Hands-On Turkish provides 200 hours of study, including revision and consolidation.
If you wish to complete the course in a year, this entails three to four learning sessions per week. This is based on 35 to 40 minutes per session.
If you cannot bring this level of commitment, you can, of course, take longer and renew the subscription for the second year.
Authentic, internationally-recognized course of Turkish as a Foreign Language. Supported by the European Commission and designed for European and Western learners.
Published by Pendragon Educational Publishers, a UK-based company that specializes in the development of high-quality online language courses.
About the School
If you address someone in their native tongue, they are 10 times more likely to buy from you — whatever their competence in English. – Gary Muddyman, Financial Times, September 23, 2015